240hz 1080p = Gaming Computer + Streaming Computer

BotDamian

Hello,
I need a new computer to play games at 240FPS-260FPS (or higher) I don't care that much about graphics, I'm good with low settings, some games need the medium/high-quality textures to see enemies easier. I was considering 8700K, 9700K and 3600, 3600X, 3700X with an RX5700 (XT?).

I live in Germany so the prices might vary and because of that, I'm always using this page here https://geizhals.de/?m=1 to find my stuff :)

Things I already own
Monitor: Acer Predator XN3 XN253QXbmiprzx 240hz 1080p
NVMe: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL DS

Gaming PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CL14-14-14-34
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Gaming X
Mobo: MSI B450I Gaming Plus /or/ Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro
PSU: BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W

Streaming PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X /or/ AMD 2600, 3600
Capture Card: Avermedia GC573 Live Gamer 4K (240hz Pass-Through)
Mobo: MSI B450 Mortar Max (GPU + Capture card)
GPU: Gigabyte GT710 2GB Passive (just to see the desktop lol)

Others
Mic: Audio-Technica AT2020 XLR
AI: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

Streaming at above 60hz has been a problem for others posting here.  If you’ve got it solved you’ve got it solved though.

CPU: MHz vs threads. Intel vs AMD is about predicting the future.  Intel is faster now, but may slow in the future.  Raw MHz vs virtual core count.  All the CPUs mentioned are fast enough for now though.

GPU: no clue whatsoever.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

CPU: MHz vs threads. Intel vs AMD is about predicting the future.  Intel is faster now, but may slow in the future.  Raw MHz vs virtual core count.  All the CPUs mentioned are fast enough for now though.

Intel isn't that far ahead though. AMD is in general a much better value and choice.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Intel isn't that far ahead though. AMD is in general a much better value and choice.

I would say it is even if it was farther behind. I personally think the 8/8 machines have maybe as little as 6 months before they start having problems.  When the 4/8 machines (old i7s) start to go the 8/8s will not be far behind.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

37 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL DS

Should totally just sell that case and use the extra money to get something else like a 3900X. You really don't need 2 systems for streaming, especially more casual streaming.

2 systems at this point is more for multi camera set ups and stuff like that with a lot of capture cards.

What's the total budget for everything?

for 240hz gaming you're going to want like 3600mhz CL16 RAM or something fast like that for Ryzen 3000.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

14 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Should totally just sell that case and use the extra money to get something else like a 3900X. You really don't need 2 systems for streaming, especially more casual streaming.

2 systems at this point is more for multi camera set ups and stuff like that with a lot of capture cards.

What's the total budget for everything?

for 240hz gaming you're going to want like 3600mhz CL16 RAM or something fast like that for Ryzen 3000.

The budget isn't set, I was also thinking about 3900X and RTX 2080 Super BUT I've read that RTX cards have some issues; drivers, flickering, overheating, etc.

I've also seen that hitting 240FPS with an 3900X is harder than just getting a 3600 and a second streaming PC. The issue is also, that I will use the "streaming" PC as a development PC, coding, deploying, etc. So it's not only for "streaming". 

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

1 minute ago, BotDamian said:

The budget isn't set, I was also thinking about 3900X and RTX 2080 Super BUT I've read that RTX cards have some issues; drivers, flickering, overheating, etc.

The RTX cards are fine, but more than like the RX 5700/XT is just a better value cost wise.

And most AAA games won't get past like ~150fps anyways due to like engine limitations.

Are you sure you don't just want a laptop for that secondary PC instead?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?