Hyper 212 fan started to rattle after 4 months

IndioBravo

Hello!

Ok so after 4 months of use, the fan on my Hyper 212 started making a rattling sound, similar to a cable trying to stop the fan rotating but that is not it.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1. I read that it is because of a bad bearing, but is there something I can do?

2. How long will my fan last before it dies out?

3. What can I replace this fan with? I was thinking on a better quality fan that can last more than 4 months.

4. How does the mounting thing work? Can I just put it on any 120mm fan so that it can fit the metal tower cooler?

Thanks!

should be able to use any 120mm fan you choose as the mounting brackets simply attach to the fan with screws and then clips onto the tower. There are supposed to be pads on that bracket, you might want to ensure that they have not slipped and is making inadvertent contact with the fan blades.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

11 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

should be able to use any 120mm fan you choose as the mounting brackets simply attach to the fan with screws and then clips onto the tower. There are supposed to be pads on that bracket, you might want to ensure that they have not slipped and is making inadvertent contact with the fan blades.

Oh that´s good to hear thanks!

I actually unmounted the fan and took it in my hands to make sure the rattling sound was coming from it. It was more than evident becuase with just a knock on the center of the fan, the sound was recreated, I can clearly listen it coming from the center of the fan. Can it still be the pads on the bracket?

14 minutes ago, Pablo Molina said:

Oh that´s good to hear thanks!

I actually unmounted the fan and took it in my hands to make sure the rattling sound was coming from it. It was more than evident becuase with just a knock on the center of the fan, the sound was recreated, I can clearly listen it coming from the center of the fan. Can it still be the pads on the bracket?

well the fan does move back and forth naturally. I haven't come across any fan, old or new, that doesn't.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

well the fan does move back and forth naturally. I haven't come across any fan, old or new, that doesn't.

I´ll try to check on those pads tomorrow when I put it appart and I´ll report back in! Thanks!

If you bought it new, you can RMA just the fan. Otherwise, the plastic clips included are screwed into any 120mm fan.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv