What's your most unusual source ever of contamination?

So after a loop drain and reapplying of thermal paste I refilled the looop which all of a sudden the flow dropped badly. Checked all my other stuff before re draining my loop and finding my cpu block clogged solid with gunk. Decided to clean it, my gpu and pump res that was clouded up. Having this little buildup happen usually over time for multiple possible reasons I was unsure the cause. Turns out there was this weird metal mesh screen in my res that was crumbling and pieces coming off.

So that's my story so the point of my post is what kind of odd sources of loop contamination or blockages have you had?

So far I have never had any clogging or contamination of any kind, and honestly I do think with modern components and coolants this should be the case for anybody.

17 minutes ago, For Science! said:

So far I have never had any clogging or contamination of any kind, and honestly I do think with modern components and coolants this should be the case for anybody.

Well that's good! Not all of us are experts though ?

Here's a picture of Clear XSPC ECX coolant after being run with Mayhems Ultra Clear tubing for 3 months. Found a heap of what looked like plasticiser built up on the water block.

IMG20190628170351.jpg

IMG20190628175140.jpg

6 hours ago, MaxPower4U said:

Here's a picture of Clear XSPC ECX coolant after being run with Mayhems Ultra Clear tubing for 3 months. Found a heap of what looked like plasticiser built up on the water block.

IMG20190628170351.jpg

IMG20190628175140.jpg

That does not look good.... at all. Theres a good reason that blocks are easy to open and clean i guess!