off brand LEDs

G4W

Is it possible to use cheap LED stripes (by example from AliExpress) in your Computer, by connecting them to the motherboard? If so can you still control the lightning useing the software provided by the mothernoard manufacture? Does it matter wether it is a 3 or a 4 pin LED strip? If you use 3 Pins which LED controlers are you talking about? (WS2812B?)
Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English.

15 hours ago, G4W said:

Is it possible to use cheap LED stripes (by example from AliExpress) in your Computer, by connecting them to the motherboard? If so can you still control the lightning useing the software provided by the mothernoard manufacture? Does it matter wether it is a 3 or a 4 pin LED strip? If you use 3 Pins which LED controlers are you talking about? (WS2812B?)

Welcome to the Forums!

Long as they are the correct addressable (3 pin) or analog (4 pin) LED standard and you do not run a strip that is too long on a single header it will work. You must ensure your header is either an addressable version or analog version before getting the LED strips. 

On 11/29/2019 at 2:31 PM, G4W said:

a lot of the off brands use jst-sm connectors instead of the standard ones so you might need an adapter or make own cables. and ya look in your manual of what rgb ports you have and how much amps it can take. each smd is about 60 milamps

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 3 weeks later...