[US] Black Friday Micro SD ULTRA Plus $14.99 or $29.99 at Bestbuy While Supplies Last

Paul Rudd

$14.99 128GB Micro SD ULTRA Plus Was $39.99 (Save $25.00) = The Cheaper Deal

$29.99 256GB Micro SD ULTRA Plus Was $94.99 (Save $65.00) = The Better Deal

These are perfect for some very much needed extra space in budget gaming laptops that only have around 32GB to 64GB or so of SSD/eMMC space in them.

• The ULTRA Plus is noticeably faster than the ordinary Micro SD's.
  • It fits right into the side of your laptop(if you have the port) and doesn't stick out like a USB drive does. You just put it in the side and leave it.
  • Some laptops(mine) don't let you upgrade anything internally as the current drives are soldered on so this is the perfect alternative.
  • Micro SD cards have other uses in things like digital cameras, video cameras, etc, etc. The jump in space from the ones most give you(256MB to 4GB) would allow a LOT more pictures and video time in those types of things.

I bought the 256GB one above a couple of weeks ago on an early Black Friday deal and they shot right back up in price the very next day so I'm letting everyone in on this deal as it has shown up again today on Black Friday. It will come and go so snag it while you can. I've had ZERO issues installing games onto this and they run flawlessly as if this were an internal hard drive.

I posted both the 128GB and 256GB versions because you get the same amount of GB's per dollar and because they're the fastest ones available.

P.S. If you're interested in USB drives instead of Micro SD cards, they have similar deals on them as well. Here is the 4 best bets at Bestbuy.com...

$6.99 64GB 2.0 USB Flash Drive Was $14.99 (Save $8.00) The Cheaper Deal (bare in mind, 2.0 is noticeably slower vs 3.0, imo)

$11.99 128GB 2.0 USB Flash Drive Was $29.99 (Save $18.00) The Better Deal (bare in mind, 2.0 is noticeably slower vs 3.0, imo)

$14.99 128GB 3.0 USB Flash Drive Was $34.99 (Save $20.00) The Cheaper Faster Speed More Space Deal

$29.99 256GB 3.0 USB Flash Drive Was $59.99 (Save $30.00) The Better Faster Speed More Space Deal

Not bad! I remember last year picking up two 128GB microSD cards last year on Black Friday for $20.
Perfect size for a Nintendo Switch,

27 minutes ago, Sypran said:

Not bad! I remember last year picking up two 128GB microSD cards last year on Black Friday for $20. Perfect size for a Nintendo Switch,

They have those too, same price this year...

$14.99 64GB MicroSD XC for Nintendo Switch Was $49.99 (Save $35.00)

$19.99 128GB Micro SD XC for Nintendo Switch Was $67.99 (Save $48.00)

$39.99 256GB Micro SD XC for Nintendo Switch Was $99.99 (Save $60.00)

Do you have to buy these ones specially made for the Nintendo Switch or can you use the ULTRA Plus ones I listed above in your Switch? Because if you can the ULTRA Plus is obviously the way to go when it comes to GB's per dollar for anyone looking to expand their Switch space.

$29.99 for 256GB is $0.11 per GB.

$39.99 for 256GB is $0.15 per GB.

Plus tax of course.

3 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Do you have to buy these ones specially made for the Nintendo Switch or can you use the ULTRA Plus ones I listed above in your Switch? Because if you can the ULTRA Plus is obviously the way to go when it comes to GB's per dollar for anyone looking to expand their Switch space.

You can use regular Micro SD cards. Theres no difference. Those Nintendo switch ones are rebranded Sandisks, of who knows what model. But at least they are decent and not some CL4 junk.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

56 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Got a 256 one for $27.99.

Excellent. That Samsung is also UHS Speed Class U3 vs the U1 of the SanDisk Ultra Plus. I know the U3 is the newer of the two but I've read so many different things from different places of what the actual differences of U1 and U3 are, not exactly sure of the difference there.

There's also some type of A1 rated performance on the SanDisk Ultra Plus which means it load apps faster(A1 performance is 1500 read IOPS, 500 write IOPS; Based on internal testing; Results may vary based on host device, app type and other factors). But I'm not sure of the rating performance on the Samsung.

Regardless, both will basically do the same thing. Provide additional storage at FAST speeds and let us play games from them.

8 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Not like i'm planning to play games. 

Just want to be able to have all the photos and videos offline along with most of the music i'd like to listen to as most music streaming services don't support my location and even if I do start using a lesser service - it sucks up lots of mobile bandwidth over just a few days.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB