RTX 2070 Super - Gigabyte Gaming OC vs ROG Strix Advanced

Shiniontv

Hey everyone

I am looking at buying a new GPU for my pc, and I would like to know which one of these would be the better choice.

I would like to know which one is best, when it comes to cooling, noise and performance.

The two GPU's are:

- Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC

- ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced

The prices are just around the same here in Denmark, so all I care about is which one performs better.

Thanks a lot,

Shinion

From reviews and personal experience with Gaming OC cards,they are fine,not the best VRMs,cooling is good,no problems.

I don't know if there are problems with the ROG Strix Advanced,i know nothing about that card.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

The raw performance can be viewed by looking at the numbers.  Cooling and noise tend to be related.

there is https://versus.com/en/graphics-card but it’s hell to navigate and only compares raw performance.  Noise is ignored.  You’re probably going to have to watch reviews on each card.
I was unable to find a “Pepsi challenge” where those cards were put head to head in testing which is likely the only way noise could really be compared.  You may have better luck.

The rog advanced  card is older than the rog overclock card, but they seem to have identical coolers.

gigabyte in general is known for sometimes making quieter cards.  It’s very much only a “sometimes” though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

gigabyte in general is known for sometimes making quieter cards.  It’s very much only a “sometimes” though.

The Gaming OC cooler is very quiet,the stock fan curve goes only up to 50% if i am not mistaken.

But if you do a manual fan curve,above 70% the fans will start to make high pitch noise.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

@Shiniontv I have a system right now with the ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced card... it's an absolute monster... I had the Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC, and it was good... but I just decided to go with continuity and have almost all ASUS components. Good Temps, great performance, it's a long and thick card, so make sure you have room for it. 

1 hour ago, TallTechGuyTTG said:

it's a long and thick card, so make sure you have room for it. 

Is it the same size as the Gaming OC or is it bigger?

ASUS card is 305mm, and the Gigabyte card is 286mm a 2 slot card. ASUS card is a 2 slot card but I swear... it looks like a 3 and feels like a three, those fans and heatsink are thickkk.  

A lot of cards listed as 2 slot are actually what they used to call 2.5 these days.  Marketing creep.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Shiniontv said:

Is it the same size as the Gaming OC or is it bigger?

It is thicker than the Gaming OC,

But the Gaming OC is longer.