5 minutes ago, ms_shuvo said:

Yes, that seems cumbersome. I will be needing to do a lot of organising. ???

It would be more productive to get Internet working on the PC ? (did you lose your Wi-Fi password or something?)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

47 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

It would be more productive to get Internet working on the PC ? (did you lose your Wi-Fi password or something?)

He said earlier that there is an issue when other devices (he wasn't being specific) connect to the network.

Anyway, I think that it might be possible to get USB tethering to work with an iPhone, I just don't know how. I wish you good luck and suggest that you invest in better connectivity solutions!

Just now, elsandosgrande said:

He said earlier that there is an issue when other devices (he wasn't being specific) connect to the network.

I know he didn't specify, which is why I made a wild guess :)

Anyway, I think that it might be possible to get USB tethering to work with an iPhone, I just don't know how. I wish you good luck and suggest that you invest in better connectivity solutions!

Not without a jailbreak I'm afraid (3G yes, but not Wi-Fi). https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/31204

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

I know he didn't specify, which is why I made a wild guess

I mean, he used plural, so I wouldn't say that it's specific to the PC.

2 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Not without a jailbreak I'm afraid (3G yes, but not Wi-Fi). https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/31204

Well... He needs to either get an Ethernet connection or a jailbreak at this point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

@ms_shuvo What are your data cap and data plan? Here, on BH Mobile (BH Telecom, Bosnia and Herzegovina), you can get seven gigabytes of mobile data for one month for 15 BAM, which is $8.45 US (see here).

Edited by elsandosgrande
Added response

11 hours ago, elsandosgrande said:

I mean, he used plural, so I wouldn't say that it's specific to the PC.

Well... He needs to either get an Ethernet connection or a jailbreak at this point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

@ms_shuvo What are your data cap and data plan? Here, on BH Mobile (BH Telecom, Bosnia and Herzegovina), you can get seven gigabytes of mobile data for one month for 15 BAM, which is $8.45 US (see here).

@Eigenvektor @elsandosgrande thanks all for your reply. The main reason that I cannot connect my pc is I am using a shared connection, and it’s shared by quite a few people. Connecting my pc would consume quite a lot bandwidth. However, I am taking with my roommates and I may be able to connect my pc to internet. Wish me luck.

Just connecting it doesn't "consume a lot of bandwidth", it's what you do with it afterwards that may or may not do so...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

19 hours ago, ms_shuvo said:

I am using iPhone. 

*Facepalm

If your carrier doesn't allow you to tether, you can't tether. Hope this will convince you not to use iOS in the future. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

22 hours ago, Kilrah said:

But that uses his mobile data which he likely doesn't have unlimited use of.

No, he can use usb tethering to share his phone's wifi connection.

-edit-

unless his carrier prevents him from doing that but that has never been mentioned here.

6 hours ago, ms_shuvo said:

Connecting my pc would consume quite a lot bandwidth.

Well no, it really wouldn't. Not any more than you just using your phone to download the same stuff.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

No, he can use usb tethering to share his phone's wifi connection.

He's got an iPhone, AFAIK those only allow sharing mobile data.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

It's one of those BS clickbait articles, says "you should use WiFi instead of tethering to your phone in the first place"...

F@H

GPD Win 2

You have an iPhone but you can't give your room mates equivalent of a dollar or something to contribute to the Internet subscription?

Offer to pay a few dollars (in your currency) to upgrade the plan if they're so concerned about bandwidth.

Your computer doesn't use more than a few MB of bandwidth a day if you don't use the internet (if will use some synchronizing time, checking for updates, some applications on PC may check for updates etc)