AMD Raid - X570 and MP600s not playing nicely

KakenBetaal

Afternoon all!

I've a weird problem that is frustrating me, and I'm hoping that someone here will have an idea of what the problem might be. The essence of my problem is that I have two 1TB Corsair MP600s in RAID0 using AMD raid on my Asus Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard. This drive, my D: drive, will lock up the whole computer eventually with 100% active time. It will only do this when a significant amount of writing is done to the drive. My system boot drive is a Samsung 950Pro 512GB on a PCI card. Has anyone come across anything like this?

Hello,

Did you install raid drivers?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Hello,

Did you install raid drivers?

Yep, I have the Asus windows AMD raid drivers installed. Also have latest BIOS on the motherboard, all windows updates, chipset drivers updated, etc. Tried clearing CMOS. No luck.

11 minutes ago, KakenBetaal said:

Yep, I have the Asus windows AMD raid drivers installed. Also have latest BIOS on the motherboard, all windows updates, chipset drivers updated, etc. Tried clearing CMOS. No luck.

Try disabling armour crate ? Or maybe your exceeding the speed limit!?

What do you have in the pci-e and sata ports?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

LOL "exceeding the speed limit". Is that a technical term?

I've 3 x WD 6TB black drives, a Samsung EVO 860, an RTX2070 Super, and the system drive on a Samsung 950 Pro an NVMe PCI card.

32 minutes ago, KakenBetaal said:

LOL "exceeding the speed limit". Is that a technical term?

I've 3 x WD 6TB black drives, a Samsung EVO 860, an RTX2070 Super, and the system drive on a Samsung 950 Pro an NVMe PCI card.

Haha

+ gpu? How many PCI-e lanes is that? Hint: check CPU specs + chipset specs

FS in Denmark/EU:

I shouldn't think I'm close to using all the PCI lanes - Zen 3 and X570 are noted for having plenty. It's probably something else.

Update: Having disabled the AMD RAID in the motherboard, and reinstalled windows to use 1 MP600 as the boot and system drive, and the other as D:\ drive, the locking up problem has gone away. It looks to me like the issue is either with the motherboard or with the raid drivers. Bah humbug. That took a lot of sorting out.