Existensial crisis right now.

I have all the computer parts lined up in front of me and I have spent way to much time debating on whether or not if I have messed up.

specs;

I7-8700k

RTX 2070 Super dual oc. 

16 GB DDR4 2666mhz ram

Asus Z390-Prime

Nzxt H710i

Corsair H100 Platinum SE

860 EVO 1TB SSD

(heres the nightmare) SF450 SFX  80+ Platinum rated PSU

does my psu have enough juice tonpower the computer?

image.jpg

in my sig, you'll note my system's power draw as a useful compa

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The reason the GPU list the recommended wattage is so that if you are a little like me (installing tons of HDD, RGB fans, Tape Drives), you won't overload your PSU.

But I would say having a higher PSU wattage sometimes makes sense, as you can add another GPU without ever need to change your PSU.

For now, 450W seems good, but might suggest 550W gold, though. But since that's a 450W platinum, I guess it's okay.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

1 hour ago, YELLOWSUPERCAR23 said:

I grad somewhere that the minimum requirements for RTX 2070 is a 650watt psu.

That's not a minimum requirement, that's likely a recommendation. Because they don't know what your other sorts are, and they dont know the PSU model, they assume the worst case scenario, with high power components and a bottom of the barrel PSU. 

6 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

For now, 450W seems good, but might suggest 550W gold, though. But since that's a 450W platinum, I guess it's okay

The 80+ rating has nothing to do with how good a PSU is, or how capable it is of powering a system. 

:)

you might want to look at these: 

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-10/radeon-rx-5700-xt-geforce-rtx-2070-super-pcie-4.0-oc-uv/

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-10/radeon-rx-5700-xt-geforce-rtx-2070-super-pcie-4.0-oc-uv/#chart-groups-91330

182watts for UV-d 2700Su, without any hindrance in performance. I'd definitely "fine-tune" that card, it'll ease of strain on your PSU as well. 

It is NOT NECESSARY, but, recommended.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )