Uh oh, stinky! - Smart toilets that can diagnose you

williamcll
On 11/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, Fasauceome said:

Great, now we can have yet another variable that allows insurers to charge even more due to any health discrepancy.

Seriously, since there's not really any feasible way that this data will be kept private, I highly doubt it will be used solely for purposes of improving the populace's health.

Wait you think that your insurance company is going to come to your house and check if you have said toilet and demand the manufacturer give them the details? What are you smoking? lol

You think your insurance is getting info from fitbit and apple watch users as well?

1 minute ago, RonnieOP said:

Wait you think that your insurance company is going to come to your house and check if you have said toilet and demand the manufacturer give them the details? What are you smoking? lol

They would never need to do that, what data breach of collections of this scale has ever been on an individual basis?

They get the records en masse, with everyone's name attached, and compare it to their records.

2 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

You think your insurance is getting info from fitbit and apple watch users as well?

Apple is very data conscious, as for Fitbit, possibly. I can definitely imagine an insurance company going "well we see you're not getting your steps in, that's very unhealthy. Looks like we'll have to raise your rates."

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Smart toliets, linked to your insurance company, raising your policies and ending your health insurance based on risky actions like alcohol consumption.

Discovery Channel predicted this 12 years ago

Like i said earlier. I highly doubt that your going to have to register the toilet with your insurance company. They would have better luck with fitbit and that i now of nobody has had premiums go up do to their insurance collecting their fitbit/cell phone/spple watch etc info.

Not to mention lets be honest here. This things going to cost a lot of money. if you have the spare funds to spend that much on a shitter you probably are not too concerned about the cost of your health insurance.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

They would never need to do that, what data breach of collections of this scale has ever been on an individual basis?

They get the records en masse, with everyone's name attached, and compare it to their records.

Apple is very data conscious, as for Fitbit, possibly. I can definitely imagine an insurance company going "well we see you're not getting your steps in, that's very unhealthy. Looks like we'll have to raise your rates."

Theres literally millions of people using health tracking software or equipment already. Has there been any reports of someones insurance going up due to that data getting to them?

Theres already laws against insurance companies using info from ancestry tests to raise premiums. You think they would allow them to use info from your toilet?

Apparently it's not too hard to build a mass spectrometer. Applied Science just posted a video about using a DIY mass spectrometer to find out how much potassium is in a dietary salt substitute. The instructions were from the July 1970 issue of Scientific American.

I may be new, but I've been watching LTT content for years now...

hopefully the developers won't have to go through many logs for beta testing. 

3 hours ago, floofer said:

hopefully the developers won't have to go through many logs for beta testing. 

It would be harder for those tighter access controls,  their data logs are all backed up.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It would be harder for those tighter access controls,  their data logs are all backed up.

Hopefully the system is secure they wouldn’t want a leak and all the data to be flushed away.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

What a shitty post.

Hopefully this won’t be a post just to dump on

12 minutes ago, floofer said:

Hopefully the system is secure they wouldn’t want a leak and all the data to be flushed away.

That would be waste. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 11/28/2019 at 10:38 AM, Fasauceome said:

Great, now we can have yet another variable that allows insurers to charge even more due to any health discrepancy.

Seriously, since there's not really any feasible way that this data will be kept private, I highly doubt it will be used solely for purposes of improving the populace's health.

yeah its very scary isnt it

i mean google would love to purchase the toilets and install them for free

sounds something similar to the Steve Jobs wannabe

Elizabeth Holmes and her company Theranos