Steam Controller Production Ended

Rainbow Dash

Bought one two days ago, can't wait to get it! If I get it.. My order is still processing.

Yesterday you couldn't even press the buy button, now you can again. So perhaps they found another batch in another warehouse...?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

47 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

I just bought one just now so must have restocked.

Don't know why I bought it mind you, I have no use for it...but hey ?

I just tried to get one and they're out of stock again :( 

18 minutes ago, equallizer said:

Damn, keep trying they might come back in!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

19 minutes ago, equallizer said:

17 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

ah f it's out of stock 

1 minute ago, Eniqmatic said:

Damn, keep trying they might come back in!

Exactly! Keep an eye on the webpage.

For me I could press the buy button two days ago, couldn't yesterday and can now! (Western Europe).

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, equallizer said:

1 hour ago, Murasaki said:

ah f it's out of stock 

54 minutes ago, minibois said:

Exactly! Keep an eye on the webpage.

For me I could press the buy button two days ago, couldn't yesterday and can now! (Western Europe).

39 minutes ago, TheUberMedic said:

And it's out of stock when I find out about it ;-;

It's back in stock UK right now!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

1 minute ago, TheUberMedic said:

Nope still gone

Shows back in stock for me now still

They come and go depending on how people get them to their carts and get to pay for them. Big issue here is that Steam blocks paying if the stock is 0 and it reduces them from the stock when they are added to carts, so people with it in their carts can't pay for it and they slowly return back to stock. Just keep refreshing and may the hope be with you (I just managed to buy one).

1 hour ago, Thaldor said:

They come and go depending on how people get them to their carts and get to pay for them. Big issue here is that Steam blocks paying if the stock is 0 and it reduces them from the stock when they are added to carts, so people with it in their carts can't pay for it and they slowly return back to stock. Just keep refreshing and may the hope be with you (I just managed to buy one).

Or I guess cancelled orders/credit card bounces?

PS, for those in the UK, through Steam it said "none available", in the website it went through immediately. Phew... I literally purchased an Xbox One controller yesterday because the right stick on a nice, but sadly not long lasting licensed copy got stuck on a constant input left. :( (The controller felt really nice, worked really well, but somehow only lasted 3 months, and Amazon don't allow returns/refunds on it... scum!).

The licensed Xbox One controller was £20, the official is £45... and the Steam one £4, (but they get you on £7.50 delivery... it only costs me like £1.99 if I do ebay sales with postage, but I guess Valve have "insurance" for lost in post deliveries... but for a £4 product, that extra £5.50 steam is paying for the insurance... is kinda pointless). :P

[edited out the magic multiquote from the wrong thread]

3 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

..... How or why did you quote me from another thread??? o.O

(I know how you could do it.. But in that  case.. why?! And if you didn't do it on purpose.. How?!)

But assuming you meant to reply to this:

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Yea, it's entirely possible some people have decided to cancel some orders.

2 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

You probably meant to quote me.

Cancelled orders and CC bounces usually take a longer time to go around and this seems to be constant jumping in and out of stock. Like I first managed to get it to my cart and when entering my address it went out of stock and Steam started to whine about it, noticed it still being in my cart few reloads of the page and they were back in stock and I managed to place my order. If it was CC bounces coming back to stock, it would be like hours of backlog and huge amount of those since they come and go constantly.

I have seen this same happening couple of times in different webstores and it's usually that while the stock is reduced when item is put into a cart, at the same time its being reserved, but the software checks the stock when customer goes to pay and notices that the item is out of stock, it blocks the payment as to not charge the customer for an item they probably can't deliver. It's good and robust system as long as there isn't a rush to buy one item because then the system starts to get a lot of "reserved" stock because people don't get to pay for them and then there starts to be people (like me) who might have one paid reserve that is going to ship and one "ghost reserve" that isn't even paid or even offered an option to be paid. These "ghost reserves" come back to the stock little by little when the reservations for them expire.

51 minutes ago, minibois said:

..... How or why did you quote me from another thread??? o.O

(I know how you could do it.. But in that  case.. why?! And if you didn't do it on purpose.. How?!)

But assuming you meant to reply to this:

Yea, it's entirely possible some people have decided to cancel some orders.

42 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

You probably meant to quote me.

Cancelled orders and CC bounces usually take a longer time to go around and this seems to be constant jumping in and out of stock. Like I first managed to get it to my cart and when entering my address it went out of stock and Steam started to whine about it, noticed it still being in my cart few reloads of the page and they were back in stock and I managed to place my order. If it was CC bounces coming back to stock, it would be like hours of backlog and huge amount of those since they come and go constantly.

I have seen this same happening couple of times in different webstores and it's usually that while the stock is reduced when item is put into a cart, at the same time its being reserved, but the software checks the stock when customer goes to pay and notices that the item is out of stock, it blocks the payment as to not charge the customer for an item they probably can't deliver. It's good and robust system as long as there isn't a rush to buy one item because then the system starts to get a lot of "reserved" stock because people don't get to pay for them and then there starts to be people (like me) who might have one paid reserve that is going to ship and one "ghost reserve" that isn't even paid or even offered an option to be paid. These "ghost reserves" come back to the stock little by little when the reservations for them expire.

Yep... The forum is too clever. It had saved a quote/post from another thread, and started it when I started typing on this one. Opps. Sorry. :P

Autoform fills for address and paypal help for quick purchases.

Our stock system when I was in a store, tried to limit online sales, when stock dropped to as low as around 5 or so. This is because, with tons of physical stores, humans may have been doing phone/in store orders and pressing the buttons as they type. If you allowed the computer system to quickly get that stock, you'd lock out a few real users about to press "buy" in the other half of your business (as computers are silly fast compared to human fingers).

That, and the last one usually was the box that got crushed/dropped/broken :P (and thus always left at the bottom of the warehouse, until we had no choice but to sell/return that last one).

I know Steam don't have real physical stores, but they probably have some sort of system for checking the last few physical stock items.

Its a shame as this was real good for couch gaming and navigating on PC without a mouse/keyboard.

Guess next time i will have to pony up for overpriced couch gaming goods like the corsair lapdog or just get another xboxone controller when my steam controller goes down

I bought one and probably wont be using for games as I almost strictly play FPS now. However, being able to control the PC easily from my bed will be worth it as well as a little collectible. 

In stock when using a VPN from the UK to the US, however, to ship it here will cost another $20 (MyUS shipping), not including possible import fees, and conversion. So it works out roughly the same price (Original price I should say, in the UK) unfortunately. ($5 for the controller and another $12 to ship from Valve, $20 from MyUS, Import fees ~20%, then the conversion comes to around £35 :( (I even created a new steam account based in the US for it, but its not worth it imo) )

Shame, would have snapped one of these up instantly.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

37 minutes ago, WelshDdraig said:

In stock when using a VPN from the UK to the US, however, to ship it here will cost another $20 (MyUS shipping), not including possible import fees, and conversion. So it works out roughly the same price (Original price I should say, in the UK) unfortunately. ($5 for the controller and another $12 to ship from Valve, $20 from MyUS, Import fees ~20%, then the conversion comes to around £35 :( (I even created a new steam account based in the US for it, but its not worth it imo) )

Shame, would have snapped one of these up instantly.

meanwhile I am trying to buy 2 but it does not let me. 

there should no be any import fees on things under 200 usd tho

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

2 hours ago, IAnthonyFX said:

Nah. You get slapped with it at customs if entering the UK. https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad Was around £8 tax, with an £8 processing fee and an £8 extra extra processing fee (lol) back when I did it 20 years ago, for less than £50 worth of hobby RC gear... that I never even used as I crashed it about a week later into a tree. XD

On 11/27/2019 at 6:32 PM, Uttamattamakin said:

Got one while the getting was good.  I have always wondered how this would work in say GTA online.  Can't wait to try it out. 

I tried this when they first came out (before GTA V was available on steam). Seeing as it was "non steam" it didn't go so good. Might work better now that it's on steam. 

Still use mine. I love the feature where you can easily browse between different community made configurations from in-game using the steam overlay. It's a clever solution to bridge the gap between the fact that it's the most customizable controller and the fact that most people just want to jump in and play without tinkering themselves.

Hope they make a V2.

Well, apparently probably maybe we haven't seen all of this yet.

SteamContWut.jpg.6eb3d2b3beabbce6fd7c9d2d605b8806.jpg

From "Processing" to "Cancelled" and yes, that's mine and I haven't cancelled anything, just being the impatient little sh** as usual and every now and then reloaded the shipping status window to see what is going to happen. This was something I did not see coming. The receipt still says "Processing" and I haven't got any emails or anything, so I will be updating this when something else happens.

But either Valve sold too many Controllers (in EU at least) or some hiccup somewhere. ?

E: Apparently I am not the only one. Well, this got interesting.

E2: And refunded. I guess Valve is Valve always, seeing how much noise comes from those cancellations I would guess there's quite a mob that is getting refunds and I can guess the reason is that even Steam can't handle that much physical sales. What really pisses me off is that there is no communication from Valve, just "here's your money back" and that's it, also I can guarantee that Valve knew this is going to be "very busy" time and not having hands on deck to do the reasonable damage control (taking the item from the sale when the stock numbers go haywire, which they apparently did after 26th of November since it seems that mostly cancellations are from people who bought the controller later).

On 11/28/2019 at 8:06 PM, IAnthonyFX said:

O.O

The limit for not paying import fees is ~ €23 in Germany (don't know about other EU countries) 

And yes, they include shipping costs! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 11/28/2019 at 11:05 AM, MadmanRB said:

Its a shame as this was real good for couch gaming and navigating on PC without a mouse/keyboard.

Guess next time i will have to pony up for overpriced couch gaming goods like the corsair lapdog or just get another xboxone controller when my steam controller goes down

Just go to a hardware store and buy a sheet of plywood for $3. Or pull a shelf out of any old bookshelf or closet. 

"Flat, solid surface" is not exactly the holy grail.