how to cool in very high ambient temperature ?

sansgamer
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

You are going to see high temps compared to reviews regardless of the cooler. Your room temp is 25C over what reviews have, so you can easily add 20C to any temp shown in those graphs. For example this chart from TweakTown:

Spoiler

9223_26_scythe-fuma-2-cpu-cooler-review.

Best AIO is at 51C, D15 with 2 fans at 55C. Under stock config. 20C on top of that is close to what you would see.

So the question is not so much which cooler to get, but how you can get most out with that situation. Overclocking is out for obvious reasons. And you need to voltage control CPU even at stock clocks. PC fans will only circulate existing air. This means that if air is cooled to 50C after it exits case, your room temp will slowly rise the time PC is running. Meaning ofc higher temps for components too.

Recommendations:

• Dual or triple rad AIO for CPU and voltage controlling.
  • short operation periods and no heavy tasks. Definitely not stressing games etc.
  • Focus on getting room temps down as those will effect most to your cooling.

Hi, imagine a mainstream 105W TDP CPU such as a 9900k, 3900x or 3950x in a mid tower case with decent air flow like CM H500P mesh. Say you also have a 250W 2080 super or another card like that. 
but the ambient temperature is 50°C(~120°F) and no cooling in the specific room to relieve that.

so what are my options? (noise is not a concern at all)

do I slap a noctua  NH-D15 to CPU with three fans attached to it crank fans to max rpm and consider it done. of course when the ambient is that high in summer I do plan to try maybe try eco-mode during the day and or reduce max boost. 
but in such a scenario is that enough ?
should i use something like conductonaut for better temps and regarding the GPU will it be safe if throttled in a 50°C room temperature scenario or must you also slap a  NH-D15 to that 

P.S. i would appreciate if you all can not ask where it is that i have 50°C because i don't but 45°C high is quite common here in summers and it only gets hotter every year.

extra details i guess the environment is quite dusty so a filter is must

melt.jpg

In summer my ambient reaches around 1.42V and with my NH-D15 I am able to cool my 8700K (not delidded) by simply running the voltage and clocks low and I can keep my blower 5700xt cool with a heavy undervolt. An undervolt on the cpu and a D15 should be enough to keep it cool, just don't push it. For the GPU, Liquid Metal will not help at all compared to a standard re paste. Re pasting is recommended but LM won't do anything because the Turing GPU's thermal density is too low for it to do anything. Just undervolting the 2080 super and dropping power limit should be enough if you have a good card. If the GPU temps get really bad putting on an aftermarket cooler can help drop those back to safe levels. Just do remember to half power consumption you need to lower clock speed by at most, 21% which is significant, but it won't wreck your experience.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

25 minutes ago, sansgamer said:

but the ambient temperature is 50°C(~120°F) and no cooling in the specific room to relieve that.

Move out of that room or get cooling. Not for the computer, for yourself. at 50c your body will not have a chance to cool down and a PC pumping out heat will only increase that number. You're putting yourself at risk of Heatstroke and severe dehydration

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

55 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Move out of that room or get cooling. Not for the computer, for yourself. at 50c your body will not have a chance to cool down and a PC pumping out heat will only increase that number. You're putting yourself at risk of Heatstroke and severe dehydration

thanks very much for your concern that specific room had cooling but this year the old ac caught on fire and sure i will get some cooling for myself but it will likely be an air cooler the ones you put ice cubes in. 
and thus i won't count on the cooler to cool the case though it might help a little

You are going to see high temps compared to reviews regardless of the cooler. Your room temp is 25C over what reviews have, so you can easily add 20C to any temp shown in those graphs. For example this chart from TweakTown:

Spoiler

9223_26_scythe-fuma-2-cpu-cooler-review.

Best AIO is at 51C, D15 with 2 fans at 55C. Under stock config. 20C on top of that is close to what you would see.

So the question is not so much which cooler to get, but how you can get most out with that situation. Overclocking is out for obvious reasons. And you need to voltage control CPU even at stock clocks. PC fans will only circulate existing air. This means that if air is cooled to 50C after it exits case, your room temp will slowly rise the time PC is running. Meaning ofc higher temps for components too.

Recommendations:

• Dual or triple rad AIO for CPU and voltage controlling.
  • short operation periods and no heavy tasks. Definitely not stressing games etc.
  • Focus on getting room temps down as those will effect most to your cooling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

thanks for the recommendations I will use eco mode on the processor that reduces tdp to 65 and cuts performance by a quarter a fair trade for summers i have never done voltage-controlling so i will look into that for sure. I am planning on a 4900x when it launches so hopefully that will be a little easier to cool.
AIOs are quite expensive and not my taste so i will just use nhd15 with triple fans. and hopefully the air cooler for room will help just a bit(at this point every degree matters i guess) and i will get some shade curtains for windows to keep it from boiling.  

55C in 20C ambient means 80C in 45C ambient that is ouch toasty for idle. guess i won't boost and do short operations on hot days.