Replacement fan: does amps matter?

Hi, i recently just bought a new cooler for my laptop, the one that came with the laptop was 0.4 a.
When i replaced it i noticed that the new one is 0.5.amp, does this make the performance lower, should i be worried?

Just now, manikyath said:

for such a low value it doesnt *really* matter.

now if the new fan were 1A, i'd be more worried.

Thanks

It means it will draw slightly more power (Voltage * Amps = Watt), so in theory it will increase battery usage. The small difference shouldn't matter too much overall.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Usually its the only number which matters when talking about fans and power. But we can assume that laptop fan headers are about same with desktop, so I'm with @manikyath on this. Doesn't make much of difference.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Usually its the only number which matters when talking about fans and power. But we can assume that laptop fan headers are about same with desktop, so I'm with @manikyath on this. Doesn't make much of difference.

in my mind it's more so that 0.4 versus 0.5A sounds more like manufacturing tolerances, than about actually higher power fans.

also, aside from when spinning up from idle to full power, fans never really touch their rated power draw, in most cases.