I need help to choose a graphics card

Ofir aviel

Hi, 

I have a HP ProDesk 600 G3 SFF (with core i7-6700 and 16 GB ram)

My budget is unlimited, and i plan to edit videos in Adobe premiere and Adobe after effects (mostly 1080P, and 4K)

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Unless you want a measly 1050 ti, there's nothing you can really get that's worthwhile

Plus I doubt that the power supply in that system even has PCIe cables (not that you'd want to use them anyways)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Unless you want a measly 1050 ti, there's nothing you can really get that's worthwhile

It wouldn't even fit that, the limit for this case is a single slot, low profile. (Unless you get one of those exotic China only models off AliExpress)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It wouldn't even fit that, the limit for this case is a single slot, low profile. (Unless you get one of those exotic China only models off AliExpress)

So, no graphics card then?

1 minute ago, Ofir aviel said:

You can take the ram, CPU, and storage and drop it all into a new case, motherboard, and with a new PSU and that would be a pretty worthwhile endeavor. A decent case and PSU won't run you more than $100 at most (the cougar mx330 is like $35 right now and the Corsair CX450 always sits around $53) and any cheap B250 motherboard from eBay would get the job done for sub $50. Then just slap an RX 570 in there and call it a day.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, Ofir aviel said:

Even if you somehow managed to fit a graphics card in there, it won't be able to deliver or even run, as specs suggests it has a Pcie gen 3 x16 wired to x4. Why? why? 

So as the guy above me suggested you should just take whatever you can from it and upgrade that would be really fun to do (if you're doing it by yourself) 

A writer, a dreamer, a philosopher, a caring son, a loving bf & 13 other frightened individuals have filed restraining orders against me.

4 hours ago, CrusaderBug said:

Even if you somehow managed to fit a graphics card in there, it won't be able to deliver or even run, as specs suggests it has a Pcie gen 3 x16 wired to x4. Why? why? 

So as the guy above me suggested you should just take whatever you can from it and upgrade that would be really fun to do (if you're doing it by yourself) 

I searched around Google and found someone who got a GTX 1650 to work, should I buy that.

(I can't take everything and buy new motherboard, I have like 300 HP ProDesk 600 G3)

13 hours ago, Ofir aviel said:

I searched around Google and found someone who got a GTX 1650 to work, should I buy that.

(I can't take everything and buy new motherboard, I have like 300 HP ProDesk 600 G3)

It won't be able to deliver at it's full potential, it would be a waste of money imo.

There's a list of all suitable graphics cards on HP's website.

A writer, a dreamer, a philosopher, a caring son, a loving bf & 13 other frightened individuals have filed restraining orders against me.