9900K & 2080TI hot under water

I just finished putting together my new custom loop system and I feel like temps are a little higher then they should be. I got a 9900k (still stock, MCE off) and an EVGA 2080ti xc (+130 on the core clock) both using the EK Velocity and Vector water blocks respectively. I'm useing the Lian-Li PC-011 as a case with 9 white Corsair LL fans, 3 intake on bottom, 3 intake on side pulling through a 360 EK SE radiator, and 3 exhaust on top pushing through a 360 EK PE radiator. While gaming I noticed the CPU leveling off at between 65-70c and the gpu around 55-60C. That just seems a little high to me, I know both these peices are heat monsters but dont think they should be that hot under water. I got a couple temp probes around my system going into my comander pro and can tell you at full load the coolant is around 50c, the air the side radiator is bringing in around 26-28c, temp inside case near exhaust fan around 45c I think. All these temps are from memory because I'm typing this at work right now. I can get forsure numbers after I'm home but I'm pretty sure they are close if not exactly right from what I saw when I last played. I'm wondering if it's because the top rad is bringing in that higher case temp air thus it's not cooling as efficiently as it could. So maybe flipping the side fans around to exhaust and only useing the bottom ones for intake would yield better results since I wouldnt be blasting all that hot air from the side rad into the case? I dont know, just looking for some outside input on what may be causing these temps to try and help me figure it out. Want to try all the options I can before draining the loop and seeing if it's a mounting issue.

TLDR: 9900K and 2080TI custom loop seems hot (70c and 60c) in PC-011 with 2 360 rads (3 in and 3 out) Any clue what may be causing the problem?

Thanks for any input anyone can gives me. 20191122_091543.thumb.jpg.11f2e07e15e872db6fd8293dcf66f100.jpg

ignore what i said. i saw the fan lol

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

3 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

ignore what i said. i saw the fan lol

Ha your good. Didn't even see what you said 

maybe the liquid got saturated fast since the loop goes through the GPU and the CPU?

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I have the 2080ti black from EVGA myself and max I see it under full load is 55c in my loop. Only thing I can think is you may have the pump RPM maybe to low.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

8 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I have the 2080ti black from EVGA myself and max I see it under full load is 55c in my loop. Only thing I can think is you may have the pump RPM maybe to low.

If that's average temps I'm cool with that, just thought it seemed a little warm so I wanted to know what other people know about it. Pretty sure the pumps at full tilt right now. ICUE shows it at 0rmp (stupid Corsair issues) but its louder then when it was reporting to me at 2500rpm.

22 minutes ago, Mr_Boberto said:

If that's average temps I'm cool with that, just thought it seemed a little warm so I wanted to know what other people know about it. Pretty sure the pumps at full tilt right now. ICUE shows it at 0rmp (stupid Corsair issues) but its louder then when it was reporting to me at 2500rpm.

I have an EK d5 in mine at 100% and when playing demanding AAA games like Red Dead Redemption 2, my GPU regularly hits 55-56c with a +175 core and +1000 memory oc on my 2080ti.

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I have an EK d5 in mine at 100% and when playing demanding AAA games like Red Dead Redemption 2, my GPU regularly hits 55-56c with a +175 core and +1000 memory oc on my 2080ti.

Maybe mines alright then, what's your cpu look like? 

40 minutes ago, Mr_Boberto said:

Maybe mines alright then, what's your cpu look like? 

I have a 3700x so its not really directly comparable to a 9900k. At stock under load the 3700x pushes up into the 80s

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

11 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I have a 3700x so its not really directly comparable to a 9900k. At stock under load the 3700x pushes up into the 80s

I still appreciate the info though. Maybe these newer chips are just naturally hotter. Makes me think my temps may not be to bad and my expectations based on my old system (4770k &980ti) were wrong. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Boberto said:

fairly hot coolant temps and hot case ambient, I would definitely flip radiator fans to exhaust.

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

fairly hot coolant temps and hot case ambient, I would definitely flip radiator fans to exhaust.

Was defenitly thinking of that being one of the first things I would try. Would make sense that that should help it out. Blow all the hot air out the case and kick the bottom fans up a little more to get some more cool air in there  

5 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

How could your 3700X reach 80C in stock when watercooled?

They are both hot devices. Not a fan of the rads. 

I still dont known how that cases airflow works on the back. I’d try running the top as intake and see if that changes anything so you know of a direction to go if so. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

My overclocked 2080ti Ventus OC peaks at 59 under air so I think you're fine

Does not look that hot. Both my 9900k and my RTX2080ti are on AIOs and my temps are 70c for the CPU and 50c for the GPU

Gonna be testing flipping the fans around and a few other things in the next couple days when I get some time and see if I can get it to make any difference. Did just notice something though. I think I may have the inlet and outlet backwords on the cpu block :o I was watching a build on youtube and noticed him planing his loop going in the left side of the block and out the right side with the EK Velocity, same block as me. Mine goes in the right side and out the left. Upon looking at the block closer I can see how I may have mixed the little arrows up and put them backwords. Any one have any experience with this block or others like it and how a reversed flow could affect temps? 

Your coolant temp. seems high to me. Mine only exceeds 35 degrees in the summer.

I'm also running a 9900K, overclocked to 5Ghz all core, and a RTX2080, also overclocked.

The highest temps i'm getting while playing BF5 is about 70-80 degrees on the CPU and 48-53 on the GPU.

Though I am also using 2 280mm radiators in series.

20190812_152634.jpg

I use 3 360 rads in o11dynamic, the bottom one is intake and top and side are exhaust. I run 8700k (4.9ghz 1,3 volts) and 1080ti, my gpu runs at around 55c and cpu around 65c coolant stabilizes at around 38-39c (it is the hottest room in my flat) however the fans run at 1100rpm max and d5 is around 2000-2500rpm (the link to my build is in the signature)

your temps look good to me except the coolant

my advise is to remove all the dust filters they are really restrictive in o11dynamic

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop