Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GrimBear

Help me chose laptop before black friday

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi there,

months ago I was planning to buy an area 51m and I've seen some desktops with same specs for much lower price and it made me rethink
I decided to spend half the money I was going to spend and I spent the day sifting through many laptops and decided on these two laptops that is the best performance for the money I'm willing to spend

https://www.newegg.com/aluminum-black-msi-gp-series-gp65-leopard-9sf-240-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834155295?Item=N82E16834155295

 

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-i7-9750H-Keyboard-PH315-52-78VL/dp/B07QXLFLXT/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=Lenovo+Legion+Y7000&qid=1574720585&sr=8-10


Can you help me decide which one to choose
do you think msi can handle the 2070and therefore worth the price?
or should I skip these, wait more and buy the area 51m?


Notes:
I mostly play Black Desert Online and I want the new laptop to be able to play it on at least remastered graphics with 100+ fps
I need a laptop because I travel a lot, cant settle for a desktop even if I was able to afford it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, GrimBear said:

Notes:
I mostly play Black Desert Online and I want the new laptop to be able to play it on at least remastered graphics with 100+ fps
I need a laptop because I travel a lot, cant settle for a desktop even if I was able to afford it.

 

that might be a tad hard to hit at 1080p 

i opened black desert up saturday (i think) for another user and my pc struggled to hit 100fps on remastered mode (at just above 1440p) and im rocking a 2080 super and i9 9900KF. though i will boot it up and check 1080p performace and get back to you

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
  • 5 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

    that might be a tad hard to hit at 1080p 

    i opened black desert up saturday (i think) for another user and my pc struggled to hit 100fps on remastered mode (at just above 1440p) and im rocking a 2080 super and i9 9900KF. though i will boot it up and check 1080p performace and get back to you

    even if its not 100+fps, at least having 60+ should be good enough,
    I think I'm gonna go with MSI RTX2070

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrimBear said:
  • even if its not 100+fps, at least having 60+ should be good enough,
    I think I'm gonna go with MSI RTX2070

at 1080p i sit about 115-130 with a few drops here and there, but yeah the 2070 would be the better one for achieving closer to 100fps in remastered mode

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, WickedStarfish said:

at 1080p i sit about 115-130 with a few drops here and there, but yeah the 2070 would be the better one for achieving closer to 100fps in remastered mode

thanks for the update ❤️
yea I think its an obvious choice between those 2 laptops

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×