Xbox One power cord/supply trouble

I literally just made this account to ask this question before I trash this cord. Since out of the blue today my original Xbox One console has been shutting off and having trouble turning on.

Ive deduced it to be a problem within either the power cord or power supply. When I plug in the cord from the supply to the console, it shuts off, however the power supply itself seems to have no issues, since when plugged into any outlet it turns bright orange as it should.

Im asking if its maybe an issue within the power supply itself, I have tools to open it and engineering friends who can help, or whether if its a problem with the cord, which can easily be replaced. Or both, which both can be replaced

Hi DB4D,

This may seem a little silly, but could you possibly unplug the power cable, give it a good cleaning and maybe a blow out using compressed air? For some reason there is a small fan that helps keep the external brick cool and if it's not getting enough air it could be causing your issue. 

Id also recommend making sure that your console is in a well ventilated area with nothing on top or beside it, and once again, making sure the air intakes are clear and clean :D

I had a similar issue that I remedied by having a fan blowing directly on the console itself. I ended up replacing the original xbox one with an xbox one x, but it still works.