Help with picking a new Amp

Meic

Hey,

My current TV (sound) & Music setup at home is a pair of Speakers and Amp attached to a the audio line-out of a PC. The speakers and Amp were given to be second hand from family.

My amp seems to be on its last legs, as the speakers are hissing when attached to some of the amp outputs (both speakers hiss/crackle so I think the Amp is the problem not the speakers). It also gets very hot and takes up a lot of room. So I would like to replace the Amp with something a little more modern, smaller and more efficient. Unfortunately I have no idea what sort of amp I need to power the speakers. I have done some reading online but I just got more confused....

If you guys are able to give me any details on what I should be looking for in a new Amp or even example of ones you would recommend I would be very grateful!

I rough requirements: (feel free to question these as I don't have much knowledge at all)

• Power the speakers (details below)
  • Doesn't need loads of inputs, at the moment I only use one phono cable in
  • If it also had HDMI input that might be useful in future but that is optional
  • Price - I don't have much of a price in mind but looking for something that is fairly basic feature wise but good quality/reputable brand

My current speakers:

2x  Eltax Symphony 6

IMG_20191125_165841597.thumb.jpg.6f6fbf5bdbc1474953c7298f547a79d4.jpgIMG_20191125_165745036.thumb.jpg.ff86a6fef64676b7149a343f9b371714.jpg

My old Amp:

Yamaha DSP-AZ620

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/yamaha/dsp-ax620.shtml

IMG_20191125_165932004.thumb.jpg.f84dcd5c0b206eb0e6c101d3a4215260.jpg

I'm afraid I have very little audio equipment knowledge so please let me know if anything above doesn't make sense or you need more information.

Really appreciate any help, Thanks!

if you want just stereo theres plenty of options, hell even 5.1 receivers will be fine. pioneer, yamaha, or denon. your old one is a 90 watt channel. so you can go as that or even a little more powerful. 

just depends on what you want to pay...stereo receivers start around 100 and 5.1 start at around 200