3950x 25th November 2019

Tonyboss

Uh...not looking great, at least in the UK anyways:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-sixteen-core-4.7ghz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-3bc-am.html

image.png.1c1c2e4babba3808e81bcad62a25ac49.png

I bought a 3900x a few days ago after waiting months for the 3950x, cause I saw threads on many different sites reporting that there was supply issues for it. Don't regret it. Used the extra money to get a new phone and a new mouse instead.

Really? 3 minutes and sold out like that? f...uck. I am living in Europe - Portugal. No shops have it yet. No pré-orders. Nothing!!

10 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Uh...not looking great, at least in the UK anyways:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-sixteen-core-4.7ghz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-3bc-am.html

image.png.1c1c2e4babba3808e81bcad62a25ac49.png

I bought a 3900x a few days ago after waiting months for the 3950x, cause I saw threads on many different sites reporting that there was supply issues for it. Don't regret it. Used the extra money to get a new phone and a new mouse instead.

only on 31 January 2020?

For at least in the U.S.,

I have 4 retailers posted up for the 3950x. Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H.

Of those 4 retailers, only Newegg and B&H have product pages.

Newegg states sold out and has (at least for me) never has shown to be in stock.

B&H Lists the 3950x as "coming soon" and has an option for notifications. The page posted merely 2 hours ago.

All under consideration, it would appear to me that retailers haven't actually placed the items up for order just yet and product pages are still being posted.

Product pages up now:

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-9-3950x/p/N82E16819113616?Description=3950x&cm_re=3950x-_-19-113-616-_-Product

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1507038-REG/amd_ryzen_9_3950x_3_8.html 

27 minutes ago, 19power97 said:

Newegg

They have sent an email notification that 3950X was available. But, as someone here noted - sold out immediately.

1 hour ago, 1van said:

They have sent an email notification that 3950X was available. But, as someone here noted - sold out immediately.

The only contention I have is that I also received an email notification from Newegg. However, the email stating "Its Here: 3950x" is a daily promotional email and not an official In stock notification that one could normally sign up for such as on the product page. The 3950x product page appeared online 3 mins after that email was released and still does not allow for in-stock notifications. During the 3900x's launch this was the case.

That's why I hesitate to say it was indeed available. That would make Newegg the only retailer with an active product page with inventory over other large competitors like Amazon and Best Buy.

As an employee of Best Buy, I can also a test that the product does not have active SKU for sale that's public facing. However, Best Buy is carrying the processor.

I am more inclined to believe that Newegg's page is a placeholder until later this evening when other retailers will release their inventory as well.  

The only back-end information I just got states that the 3950x was an active sku on Newegg since 5 am Central time but didn't have an active product page at that time until 7am. Thats according a help desk Rep

In the UK I've been keeping an eye on the scan.co.uk page - it looks like the pre-order button went live ~ 15:30 GMT / UTC (though it looked like some people managed to order them earlier the button didnt appear for me, there was a change in the text on the site from 300 people are viewing this product, to 43 people are buying this product). 

I put a 'pre-order' in at 15:35, will update if I get a delivery date.

Looks like they would sell you a pre-built system with a 3950x from ~ 2pm, with delivery on weds. I nearly pushed the button but despite the fact it was a great spec / high end - I enjoy the build process too much & want to spec every last component. I assume they will have allocated a large proportion of the stock to system builds where they can make more money - it's what I would do. 

Pre-ordered a 3950X at overclockers UK. I have to wait until the next allocation though.

Overclockers could only get 6 in today. They sold out in no time at all. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Pre-ordered a 3950X at overclockers UK. I have to wait until the next allocation though.

Overclockers could only get 6 in today. They sold out in no time at all. 

Makes me wonder who Microcenter sold their soul to. Both locations near my offices had 10+ each.

Ive been trying to get a 3960x all day, no luck. Though I have found two sites here in the US that are taking pre orders. I'll keep trying newegg/amazon/bestbuy for the next while, then I'll put in a preorder, the price is gouged a little bit though. I'll link the site once I get my order in lol =/

Here in portugal the same. No buying options. Just pre-orders. And no one knows when gone be the exact day available. I was all this afternoon in dconversatiins with my shop and the last thing they argue was "probabily thia will avalilable only in second alf of January 2020." 

I think this is a lot of time to wait specially after amd so many delays.

I am boring because i do know if i wait or simply buy 3900x

They are going to have the same "problem" the 3900x did.  Everyone knows its a good buy, no one can get it at MSRP for 3+ months.  Unfortunate for those in the market.  I couldnt find a 3900x until a few weeks ago (when was that launch 7/7?)

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

3900x has been mostly available at least on newegg, but with no one being able to get the 3950x looks like some decided heck with it and bought out the 3900x too. I've got a case and PSU Ready, I hope I don't have to wait too long to get a cpu.

just had the notification that my pre-order has shipped from scan.co.uk 

On 11/26/2019 at 8:12 AM, Zberg said:

They are going to have the same "problem" the 3900x did.  Everyone knows its a good buy, no one can get it at MSRP for 3+ months.  Unfortunate for those in the market.  I couldnt find a 3900x until a few weeks ago (when was that launch 7/7?)

We don’t have stock for 3900x for months....  even now.  U Cannot find any stock

In the US totally sold out with re-sellers asking as much as $1500 for them.  Apparently Amazon has had a few small shipments that sell out in seconds, which probably has to do with bots.  Got mine on launch by reserving for in store pickup at MicroCenter.

Honestly I can't see healthy stock until at least February and even then I can easily see retailers asking 5%-15% above retail. 

best advice grab a 2700x for $130 sell it for $80-$100 when the 3950X restocks for MSRP or just for a R9 3900X which has the multi-core performance of a 2950X and performs close enough to a i9 9900K while gaming  

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

6 hours ago, Keiran1983 said:

We don’t have stock for 3900x for months....  even now.  U Cannot find any stock

Yes, we also have the same problem here, i decided to get my 3900X right when it was released, lucky me i bought for around US$500(Dollars are not my currecncy, i just converted).

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

4 hours ago, GabrielLP14 said:

Yes, we also have the same problem here, i decided to get my 3900X right when it was released, lucky me i bought for around US$500(Dollars are not my currecncy, i just converted).

I saw Amazon informing me that the 3900X having stock on 3 December 2019.

Hey all, its interesting that the 3800X is below MSRP (US$399.00).  Guess not many pple looking for this CPU.