Internet network in a 3 storey house

Hedg4r

Welcome. I am green in the distribution of the Internet in my 3 story house. That is why I am asking for help here.

spacer.png

As it looks in the picture. I have set the following, but Wi-Fi does not want to give a strong signal. The wall thickness is 20cm and the ceiling thickness is 25cm. On the ground floor, the quality of the Wi-Fi signal in some devices is 1/2 dash. On the first floor, the signal quality is 2/3 lines in the next 2 rooms, but in the 3rd room it is 1/2 lines. The loft is an office room, so there will be mostly a LAN connection, but it would be good to have Wi-Fi there. I would like to set the signal quality to the best, but using the lowest possible cost. Is it possible?

If I'm understanding this picture correctly, your router is in the attic?  That is not ideal.  The "signal bubble" around a wireless access point generally is not a sphere.  They will create a stronger, farther reaching signal above them than below.  If you can't move the router, another option is to leave it in the attic but flip it upside down.

You can see some readings that verify this at the bottom of this page:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9100ax-access-points/nb-06-cat-9130-ser-ap-ds-cte-en.html?oid=powen019338

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Yeah, I was thinking about moving cables but all cables has been build in walls so each end of the cable is in attic. 

Only what I can do is move internet provider cable to the ground floor but from here I got only one cable which is going to the attic. In the attic I got cables that goes to the rooms. Is there anything to connect router as one cable and split it at the attic? 

@Hedg4r have you tries flipping the router upside down yet?

3 hours ago, equallizer said:

@Hedg4r have you tries flipping the router upside down yet?

Yes there was just 1 dash better but it wont make me happy about the ground floor.

On 11/25/2019 at 3:23 PM, Hedg4r said:

Yes there was just 1 dash better but it wont make me happy about the ground floor.

the only thing i can think to do to guarantee it being better is add another booster in the ground floor

On 11/25/2019 at 5:41 PM, Hedg4r said:

Only what I can do is move internet provider cable to the ground floor but from here I got only one cable which is going to the attic. In the attic I got cables that goes to the rooms. Is there anything to connect router as one cable and split it at the attic? 

Yes, it's called a switch. There are many options at all price ranges and number off ports.