Cyberpunk 2077 - multiplayer mode will have micropayments

30 minutes ago, pizapower said:

No genders and now this shit. I'm so disappointed.

Also humans only, they forgot about the greatest animal on earth, the Sloth. 

I'm fine with microtransactions if they're done like Team Fortress 2 - almost entirely cosmetics that don't affect the gameplay. That way players can enjoy a fair gameplay without paying more and the developer earns more money.

Kind of disappointed that they're eating their own words but oh well.

9 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Cosmetics

That is technically no different than pay 2 win or similar mtx though. 

It's designed to feed an addiction,  it works exactly the same way 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Article has been updated saying that they apologise for misleading readers and that the devs are only considering adding mtx to multiplayer, not announcing it

Hide yo pitchforks for now

To repeat myself, once again: performance isn't the only thing that matters to many people.

I don't mind mtx in game as long as it's not gameplay intrusive or introduce grindwall like Ass Creed or BF2 or NBA2k20, etc. 

And this is only for MP, MP need cosmetic so you can flex yourself without actually being good. kappa 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

that's a separate argument though. If people are predisposed to spend money, they will spend money.

When it comes to games, if money gives you an unfair advantage compared to another player who barely had enough money to buy the game that they saved up months for, then that game has failed to provide a fair experience. But developers don't care, they want people with more money to spend more money on their game, and if it lets them kill other players easier, get to end game faster, become more powerful, the people who don't have enough money to throw at MTX may just leave the game. they've already bought the game and had no intention of spending more, so the dev has lost nothing

Cosmetics makes your in game avatar look pretty but there is no advantage to it. With that said Cosmetic LOOTBOXES should not be a thing, if i want a specific outfit for my character, let me buy just that outfit. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I’d rather judge the game when it’s actually come out thank you. ?

I really dislike this trend of adding the micro transactions later on. In my opinion it's just a dirty way to avoid the critics. Hardly any reviewer adjusts his review/score after a month or so after release.

13 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

CDPR game Cyberpunk 2077 will contain microtransaction, 

https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/cyberpunk-2077-tryb-multiplayer-jest-na-wczesnym-etapie-tworzenia/z31d09e

This statement contradicts a lot of prior interviews, from the wording i got not even multiplayer will have MTX. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/15/cyberpunk-2077-dev-calls-post-release-microtransactions-a-bad-idea

Tweets taking about greed 

849219268_Annotation2019-11-24130935.jpg.9cb33c23b51eacdf7fec1a5d545f217c.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/cdprojektred/status/932224394541314055?lang=en

Or this tweet 

/263878655_Annotation2019-11-24131149.thumb.jpg.145f8c2eaec26339a5c318cbf658476c.jpg

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1092544496225652737?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Opinion- The whole micrtotraction in games is really dumb even cosmetic but free to play games like Apex is understandable, a full 60$ experience game that ads cosmetic after making fun of the MTX model is just stupid. At the end of the day CDPR is a company, not a charity so its understandable why they would do something like this at the same time its disappointing.I will probably buy cyberpunk at launch but won't touch multiplayer.  

Gta 5 made banks

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/58516/gta-online-earned-1-09-billion-analyst-firm/index.html

Note- Polish website, i am using google translate to read this article 

wrong. they said singleplayer the actual 2077 cyberpunk game wouldnt have microtransactions. And that still stands.So they didnt lie
No bullshit, no microtransactions. you get what you paid for. 

Multiplayer is still in development. and can have microtransactions like cosmetics. Which i totally wouldnt mind. It is done by a separate team. It's not in development together with the singleplayer game. its something different. So i 100% know that they arent making something small scale. And that needs to be funded too. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

1 hour ago, LeSheen said:

I really dislike this trend of adding the micro transactions later on. In my opinion it's just a dirty way to avoid the critics. Hardly any reviewer adjusts his review/score after a month or so after release.

you do know that the multiplayer aspect of this game is not even close to done right? its a separate thing that isnt under development by the main team that works on the singleplayer aspect. It also isn't coming anytime soon after the launch as they stated many times. this isn't something like activision putting them in the same game. It (the multiplayer aspect) will launch with microtransactions.Which tells me that they arent making something small. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

That is technically no different than pay 2 win or similar mtx though. 

wrong. 
Cosmetics: skins that make you look different. no impact on gameplay.

pay2win: guns,boosts,other ingame items that will impact gameplay and give you a very clear advantage.

Very different. Works differently too. 

PC: 

7 hours ago, pizapower said:

No genders and now this shit. I'm so disappointed.

there are genders. whether the male body says male or not on the creation screen it's still a male body. and same story with the female. if you want to play as a male pick that. if you want to play as a female pick the female. simple as that. 

PC: 

12 hours ago, imreloadin said:

We also trusted CDPR to NOT do micro-transactions at all considering their numerous statements to the contrary...

On the main singleplayer game yes. thats what they said. cyberpunk 2077 the singleplayer game will not have microtransactions. and they are keeping that word. They  never said anything about the multiplayer part. which is something entirely different.

PC: 

2 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

wrong. 
Cosmetics: skins that make you look different. no impact on gameplay.

pay2win: guns,boosts,other ingame items that will impact gameplay and give you a very clear advantage.

Very different. Works differently too. 

Nothing you said disputes what I said 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

you do know that the multiplayer aspect of this game is not even close to done right? its a separate thing that isnt under development by the main team that works on the singleplayer aspect. It also isn't coming anytime soon after the launch as they stated many times. this isn't something like activision putting them in the same game. It (the multiplayer aspect) will launch with microtransactions.Which tells me that they arent making something small. 

Releasing this later on doesn't change anything. It will still not be considered in a review. And it doesn't change anything about my statement about the industry in general.

In fact you just pointed to another distressing trend in games, shipping them incomplete. You could argue that it would be a dlc anyway, but where do you draw the line then?

For the cd project fanboys, not attacking them specifically. I'm just voicing my concerns about the broader trends in this industry.

That is technically no different than pay 2 win or similar mtx though

^ I clearly did. don't just quote one thing. 

they are 2 different things. can it be addictive to look cool? sure can. Does that mean that those cosmetics will be designed to make you addicted? No. they said microtransactions. thus you buy the skin and you get it. there is no addiction there. if you want to make someone addicted you need to do it with a chance mechanic. And or pay 2 win. because yes some people want to be the best. and they too will be addicted to buy those things to stay the best. ive had that with a mobile game called good game empire. i thankfully didnt put alot of money in it though. 

PC: 

3 minutes ago, LeSheen said:

Releasing this later on doesn't change anything. It will still not be considered in a review. And it doesn't change anything about my statement about the industry in general.

In fact you just pointed to another distressing trend in games, shipping them incomplete. You could argue that it would be a dlc anyway, but where do you draw the line then?

For the cd project fanboys, not attacking them specifically. I'm just voicing my concerns about the broader trends in this industry.

It will since the multiplayer aspect is something entirely different for as far as i can tell. thus it gives people like.. worth a buy mack or angry joe an reason to come back, And review that. They also dont ship them incomplete. Thats not something that cdprojekt red does. As once again they stated many times and i mean MANY times. That cyberpunk 2077 is a singleplayer role playing game. With a heavy focus on story and gameplay. It is just like the witcher 3 a complete game. with nothing cut out of it. Then after that development. it will have massive dlc just like the witcher 3 had that isnt cut out of the main game but is completely new. It's very easy to then draw the line with actual dlc and simply stuff taken out and placed in. cause blood and wine for example was nothing like that. 

im not a cd projekt red fan boy. But you do need to be blind to see that they truly are one of the few tripple a development teams that actually gives a f* about the consumer. 

The mutliplayer aspect of this game is something different its not within the singleplayer aspect like how eh.. the devision 1 and 2 did it. They first made the singleplayer with the main team and a separate team is doing the multiplayer part which isnt going to be released any time soon after the game comes out. since it only recently was just starting to be developed and created. and cdprojekt red doesnt really rush things. 

PC: 

First of all, the multiplayer is separate from the game itself. Even assuming arguendo that there will be MTX in the multiplayer there will be no MTX in the single player RPG at all which means they didn't lie about anything so get that bee out of your bonnet because it's flat out incorrect. Secondly, the actual wording used in the conference call was monetization. Selling the multiplayer for 20 bucks would be monetization. A $10/month subscription would be monetization. Occasional ads in-game of current day products with a CP2077 aesthetic would be monetization.

3 hours ago, Arika S said:

that's a separate argument though. If people are predisposed to spend money, they will spend money.

When it comes to games, if money gives you an unfair advantage compared to another player who barely had enough money to buy the game that they saved up months for, then that game has failed to provide a fair experience. But developers don't care, they want people with more money to spend more money on their game, and if it lets them kill other players easier, get to end game faster, become more powerful, the people who don't have enough money to throw at MTX may just leave the game. they've already bought the game and had no intention of spending more, so the dev has lost nothing

Cosmetics makes your in game avatar look pretty but there is no advantage to it. With that said Cosmetic LOOTBOXES should not be a thing, if i want a specific outfit for my character, let me buy just that outfit. 

It's not the same thing "in-game" it's very much the same thing from a marketing perspective tho   these companies don't care with "what" they nickel and dime their customers, they'll just use whatever works best and "looks best"... aka "it's just cosmetics" ... 

I agree though,  selling this stuff upfront as regular DLC is generally much better and a different thing altogether because it doesn't rely so much on the same schematics as "in-game lootboxes"  aka gambling. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Cyberpunk 2077 - multiplayer mode will have micropayments

That's a bullshit claim! All they said was that they're exploring their monetization-options, they didn't say that they will go with microtransactions or any other specific model. They fucking literally said that they don't yet know how they will monetize it, they are only thinking about the ways to do it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I'd rather have cosmetic microtransactions, than an increase of the game-price.

16 hours ago, imreloadin said:

We also trusted CDPR to NOT do micro-transactions at all considering their numerous statements to the contrary...

Doesn't Gwent have them though? 

Either way, a lot is not known still. It may be a stand alone game, f2p even. We have to wait and see. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I'm glad they gave full focus and SP game and MP to get it's own attention. Personally I look forward to both of them. We've yet to see how they execute the MP part with mtx and will it actually be a separate f2p game. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

17 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Do I hear "overhyped game that'll never live up to its hype and will actually be dogshit?"

v1.jpg.52e1ddc61355994b8fcdaedff5b120d6.jpg

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson