Phanteks P400A, triple front intake fans.

NorStereo
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
10 hours ago, NorStereo said:

I have enough Y splitters lying around, so that should work.

Yep, you can split fans on the same header as long as they don't draw more than the supported 1A. NF-S12A's are very efficient so you can easily power them from a single header. 

Hello.

I've been doing some google searches, but didn't find any good answers, hope you can help me, and hopefully this is the correct sub forum. :)
I'm interested in switching out my Phanteks P300 with a P400A (non RGB version).
The case comes with a built in fan controller for the front fans, and I might put three fans in the front of the case.

My question is, how do I connect those three fans into one fan header from the fan controller?

I'm currently using two Noctua NF-S12A PWM 120mm as my front intake fans, and if I get the P400A, I might want to add one more.
The fan controller in the P400A is a 3pin connector, with low, med and high as its settings.

5 minutes ago, NorStereo said:

Hello.

I've been doing some google searches, but didn't find any good answers, hope you can help me, and hopefully this is the correct sub forum. :)
I'm interested in switching out my Phanteks P300 with a P400A (non RGB version).
The case comes with a built in fan controller for the front fans, and I might put three fans in the front of the case.

My question is, how do I connect those three fans into one fan header from the fan controller?

I'm currently using two Noctua NF-S12A PWM 120mm as my front intake fans, and if I get the P400A, I might want to add one more.
The fan controller in the P400A is a 3pin connector, with low, med and high as its settings.

If it’s the same as my p400s. There isn’t a way to plug in a 4 pin to the splitter that the controller runs on. 

I bought non pwm fans so I could use them on the controller. However, I just took them off the controller and ran them off the motherboard instead with a Y splitter. 

It’s much nicer having them run by software and staying quiet.

Thanks for the reply!

How do I then connect those three fans to a single header on my motherboard?

I've read about some voltage/amp limits, and do I buy a splitter with 3 to 1 4pin, or use two Y splitters, if that even works?

3 hours ago, NorStereo said:

Thanks for the reply!
How do I then connect those three fans to a single header on my motherboard?
I've read about some voltage/amp limits, and do I buy a splitter with 3 to 1 4pin, or use two Y splitters, if that even works?

Yes, you can plug splitters into other splitters. 

What motherboard and fans do you have? If you don't have enough headers, splitters or hubs can be used to plug more fans into the motherboard. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@WoodenMarker
Thank you, I was wondering how that worked.

I'm using a Gigabyte H370 Aorus Gaming 3 Wifi, and as far as I have found online, the fan headers are 1A.
Currently I'm using two 
Noctua NF-S12A PWM 120mm, and if I add a third, then it will be the same type.

Below is a copy/paste of the specifications of the fans.

Max. input power
1,44 W
Max. input current
0,12 A
Operating voltage
12 V

10 hours ago, NorStereo said:

Yep, you can split fans on the same header as long as they don't draw more than the supported 1A. NF-S12A's are very efficient so you can easily power them from a single header. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.