How to strengthen the WiFi?

Gamer Schnitzel
2 minutes ago, Thomas_nerd said:

get a wifi extender

Thanks for the fast response.

I found this one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-EX2700/dp/B00NIUHAG6/

I have 2 questions however.

1. Is this one sufficient for me? According to Speedtest my internet is 109.64 Mbps. Does this one match my speed requirements?

2. Can I hardwire this with an ethernet cable? I want to be able to plug an ethernet cable into this and power the WiFi this way instead of it connecting to my router via WiFi. Will I be able to do this?

First of all we need more details, how far is your room from the living room, do you have any cable internet outlets (RJ45) and what is your budget on sloving this issue, if you have the cable plug availabe that would be awesome !!!

1 minute ago, petarslayer said:

First of all we need more details, how far is your room from the living room, do you have any cable internet outlets (RJ45) and what is your budget on sloving this issue, if you have the cable plug availabe that would be awesome !!!

- 10 meters

- No, not in my room, I am planning on running a cable to the router however

- No budget

- No idea what a cable plug is

Just now, Gamer Schnitzel said:

- 10 meters

- No, not in my room, I am planning on running a cable to the router however

- No budget

- No idea what a cable plug is

Well if you can get a CAT6 cable idealy and run it to your room, after that look for any router, i prefer TP LINK as a brand for networking

Personally i use https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr940n/ in few places in my house, reliable router and its quite cheap

Literally set theme up once and never rebooted since, stable wifi for me (i own 3 of these)

4 minutes ago, petarslayer said:

Well if you can get a CAT6 cable idealy and run it to your room, after that look for any router, i prefer TP LINK as a brand for networking

Personally i use https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr940n/ in few places in my house, reliable router and its quite cheap

Literally set theme up once and never rebooted since, stable wifi for me (i own 3 of these)

Okay so instead of a WiFi extender I should buy another router and plug the Ethernet cable into the new router for the WiFi?

I have looked into this further and apparently what I need is an Access Point and not anything you guys suggested. I am glad I did further research prior to making a purchase.

31 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I have looked into this further and apparently what I need is an Access Point and not anything you guys suggested. I am glad I did further research prior to making a purchase.

You can turn a standard router into a AP pretty much by disabling everything like DHCP, DNS, NAT, etc. and not plugging into the WAN port but buying a proper access point is best since you're likely going to get better range and also not have random crap you're not using :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: