Black Friday deal

AlexAxill

Hi guys. I want you to help me make a decision. Black friday deals have started where I live and more will show up in the coming week but a very good one has caught my attention. Theres an xbox one digital edition with minecraft, sea of thieves and forza horizon 3 for 149 euros ( 164 american $ or 128 pounds ). Im not a console gamer anymore  but i was until 2015 ( ps3) and what i miss is being able to sit on the couch in the living room playing instead of sitting in my room on a chair which gets kinda exhausting some times if i play for long hours or play with my friends simultaneously in the same house. I also dont know if i should get a ps4 ( wait until a deal shows up) or get a logitech g29 pc wheel that I have been wanting for a long time. So my questions are:

1)If i get the digital version will the games be very expensive to buy?

2) Should i get a console in late 2019? ( or the wheel)

3) If yes then which one?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and answering :)

April 2019 build

2200G / B450 Asrock Fatality / 8gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance Samsung 860 Evo 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Phanteks Eclipse P300Corsair CX Series CX650M /  Radeon Vega 8

I would recommend waiting until 2020 for the PS5 and the XBOX two come out. then you can either get a PS4/XBOX at a lower price because the new one has come out. or buy the XBOX two/PS5

Just now, Thomas_nerd said:

I would recommend waiting until 2020 for the PS5 and the XBOX two come out. then you can either get a PS4/XBOX at a lower price because the new one has come out. or buy the XBOX two/PS5

Thats true but next year will be my last year at high school and i wont have any time to play. Plus i wont have enoguh money to buy ps5/ xbox two

April 2019 build

2200G / B450 Asrock Fatality / 8gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance Samsung 860 Evo 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Phanteks Eclipse P300Corsair CX Series CX650M /  Radeon Vega 8

8 minutes ago, Thomas_nerd said:

ok, I would recommend getting a PS4 because of the better performance

got it

April 2019 build

I'd go PS4 for much better exclusive games. Stuff like God of War, Bloodborne, Persona 5, The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0, Spiderman, etc. Plus a lot of these games are on fire sale prices right now.

149€ is not a good price for a handicapped Xbox One, normal bundles go frequently for around 200€. Bundled games have also lost most of their value thanks to Game Pass. With Scarlett coming soon I'd go with second hand console to keep the investment as low as possible. Alternatively, those PS4 exclusives are going to be great for years to come, getting cheap physical copies of them wouldn't be a bad idea. PS4s overall go on sale much less often, and the early models can be pretty loud, so hunting a good deal on new PS4 could be worthwhile.

14 hours ago, AlexAxill said:

1)If i get the digital version will the games be very expensive to buy?

2) Should i get a console in late 2019? ( or the wheel)

3) If yes then which one?

1. No. Frequent big sales, weekly deals. You'll want to subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate, which is also frequently discounted. Game Pass is not streaming, you download and play the games locally.

2. If you always wait for something better, you'll end up never getting anything. Follow your heart.

3. Whichever has more games you want to play. If your friends have consoles, go with what they have. PlayStation has more exclusives, but Xbox tries hard to make up for it wherever they can.

I would get an X, not a base model. The experience is too compromised on the base units. If you must get a base unit due to budget, then I would get a PS4 instead as it is more powerful. 

Also, just because you are out of high school doesn't mean you suddenly have no free time to game. Like all adults, you just have to work your hobbies into your free time.