what (used) mainboard for i7 4790 (non k)?

Hey!

So i just got an i7 4790 for (almost) free (had to buy the man a beer ^^). Unfortunately i don't know too much about buying used mainboards, and what chipsets are a good choice for the 4790, or if that even matters at all, as long as the socket fits, since it's not overclockable anyway. New parts are basically not availible and i feel like there are better options. Anyway, here's a choice of what i could get: https://geizhals.eu/?cat=mbp4_1150

But the used market doesn't leave that much choice either, yet i think the boards are a lot better suited. I'm from germany, so the closest i can get to craigslist is "ebay kleinanzeigen" ( https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-lga-1150-mainboard/k0 , basically all the boards i could find).

Do you have any recommendations for chipset etc. and what to look out for in general?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

PS.: websites are in german only unless they get automatically translated, sorry for that. Yet you should still be able to make out the mobos' names;)

Even the really basic H81 boards will suit you well, any board that ships with an I/O shield is something I'd consider.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Even the really basic H81 boards will suit you well, any board that ships with an I/O shield is something I'd consider.

I found a Gigabyte G1.SNIPER Z97 for 85€ with all accessories. Do you think that's a good deal?

2 hours ago, Dr. Hillarius said:

I found a Gigabyte G1.SNIPER Z97 for 85€ with all accessories. Do you think that's a good deal?

Yeah, that seems like a solid deal for a well featured board.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Even if you are not overclocking at all...it is a good idea to buy a board with 4 ram slots, that way you're able to at least max out the ram if you feel the system needs more 'punch'.

The G1 Sniper boards are pretty well featured, they're certainly nice looking units; all you need to ensure is that any board you buy has a warranty that you can return if it doesn't work when you boot it up...and remember; it is quite possible that any 'Z' type board you buy, may have been overclocked ever since it was first sold...and Z type 1150 socket motherboards are quite a few years old now...I recently bought a refurbished Biostar B85 series board on fleabay for about $US39.99 shipped [so maybe 48 Euro?] and it was excellent; with 3 months warranty, but up to you of course. Take into consideration as well, any shipping you may be liable for, if the item needs to be RMAd...

On 11/24/2019 at 4:10 PM, Dr. Hillarius said:

It's a nice board, but 85 Euros?

Have you considered selling the 4790 and buying a modern Intel/AMD platform instead?