My moniter doesn't exist??

MadsAndersen2500

i bought a used 4k moniter a while ago and when i wanted to go check on it now and compare it to other 4k pc moniters i found out that the name doesn't exist apperently. Windows and nvidea control panel both tell me that my moniter is call "AOC U2879g6" and that moniter is no where to be found anywhere? can someone help or knows the moniter? the closest i have seen is "AOC U2879VF" that looks exactly like my moniter but why would my pc tell me that it has another name then? :/

30 minutes ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

i bought a used 4k moniter a while ago and when i wanted to go check on it now and compare it to other 4k pc moniters i found out that the name doesn't exist apperently. Windows and nvidea control panel both tell me that my moniter is call "AOC U2879g6" and that moniter is no where to be found anywhere? can someone help or knows the moniter? the closest i have seen is "AOC U2879VF" that looks exactly like my moniter but why would my pc tell me that it has another name then? :/

What does the label on the back of the monitor say?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

8 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

What does the label on the back of the monitor say?

i had looked at the back but there was no label. But then i just now found out that the label was on the bottom and the label says that it is u2879vf :D just weird that the pc says its called u2879g6 instead then xD

9 minutes ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

i had looked at the back but there was no label. But then i just now found out that the label was on the bottom and the label says that it is u2879vf :D just weird that the pc says its called u2879g6 instead then xD

Mystery solved!

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15