? Tesla Truck Kinda Edgy Tho - Tesla releases oddly polygonal pickup truck

rcmaehl
1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

People buy cars for their "expected" utility, not their consistent utility. The Space Jeep doesn't really fit the expected utility for far too many of the people willing to pay 60k+ (probably 80k by the time you get a useful model) SUV with a tow package. 

But, and this is really key, the expected utility as a head-turner for a small group of people it does meet. Those are the people that'll buy it. It's a bit like a Lamborghini Countach (which this looks a lot like). For as much as the Countach looks amazing, it's actually one of the worst cars ever made from a "works as a car" perspective. The Space Jeep isn't that bad, but it's pretty close.

However, if I was a car collector, I'd put this next to a Countach, both setup to look nuts while sitting there. Then buy something useful. A Mercedes G Wagon or Porsche Cayenne suddenly looks reasonably useful.

Apparently its starting the 250mi rwd model with unknown towing capacity at 39k

its the 500mi awd 3 motor model that starts at 60k

I 100% agree. This has failed to hit the market they wanted it to, and basically only appeals to clout chasers who just have to have the latest tech and crazy cars.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

@Atmos I think you're under estimating the number of people who buy a truck just for the hell of it. Even if we take your "10-15%" figure, in 2019, the F-150, by itself, only in the USA, sold 900,000 units. 15% of that is 135,000 units. That's a large enough market for the Tesla Truck to operate in. And that figure is much larger if you account for all trucks in the small-mid-full size categories.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

@Atmos I think you're under estimating the number of people who buy a truck just for the hell of it. Even if we take your "10-15%" figure, in 2019, the F-150, by itself, only in the USA, sold 900,000 units. 15% of that is 135,000 units. That's a large enough market for the Tesla Truck to operate in. And that figure is much larger if you account for all trucks in the small-mid-full size categories.

Now limit that further by people willing to buy literally the ugliest vehicle in modern history, and add onto it all of the people who while they dont require those nice features, will certainly turn away at not having them. The market for this vehicle is tiny. Absolutely tiny. I am 100% confident it will fail if it releases in the fashion tesla have said it will.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

Now limit that further by people willing to buy literally the ugliest vehicle in modern history, and add onto it all of the people who while they dont require those nice features, will certainly turn away at not having them. The market for this vehicle is tiny. Absolutely tiny. I am 100% confident it will fail if it releases in the fashion tesla have said it will.

We will know soon enough - you've placed your bet. We can reassess after production models start showing up and sales figures start to come out.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Apparently its starting the 250mi rwd model with unknown towing capacity at 39k

its the 500mi awd 3 motor model that starts at 60k

I 100% agree. This has failed to hit the market they wanted it to, and basically only appeals to clout chasers who just have to have the latest tech and crazy cars.

The 39k for a weird looking Ford Ranger from 1995 seems a tad much. The usable models will be starting in the 70k range.

3 minutes ago, Atmos said:

I think 5k to 7k is the total unit volume they'll clear through, after the initial Launch Window, per year. The Prius Buyer segment tops out at 200k a year, which Tesla has completely taken over. There's a tiny part of the market that'll buy this type of product (much like plenty of the terrible Japanese or Korean cars/trucks over the past 40 years), but the design suggests they don't expect to sell many. This was a technical exercise more than anything else to solve problems for other parts of the Elon Empire, and they just happened to churn a vehicle out of that. This acts like their Marketing Budget.

If they can get to the point where they share almost all components except frame molding, they could also basically make these to order, at which point having a huge portfolio of "vehicles" matters to Tesla more than the raw number of Space Jeeps sold.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I think 5k to 7k is the total unit volume they'll clear through, after the initial Launch Window, per year. The Prius Buyer segment tops out at 200k a year, which Tesla has completely taken over. There's a tiny part of the market that'll buy this type of product (much like plenty of the terrible Japanese or Korean cars/trucks over the past 40 years), but the design suggests they don't expect to sell many. This was a technical exercise more than anything else to solve problems for other parts of the Elon Empire, and they just happened to churn a vehicle out of that. This acts like their Marketing Budget.

If they can get to the point where they share almost all components except frame molding, they could also basically make these to order, at which point having a huge portfolio of "vehicles" matters to Tesla more than the raw number of Space Jeeps sold.

I mean... people buy chevy crossovers and SUVs... so like. there are bound to be some who'll buy this too lmao.

3 minutes ago, Atmos said:

I mean... people buy chevy crossovers and SUVs... so like. there are bound to be some who'll buy this too lmao.

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/pontiac/pontiac-aztek/

The Pontiac Aztek sold 11201 vehicles in 2000; 27322 in 2001; 27793 in 2002; 27354 in 2003. 

That's going to be our reference range for the Space Jeep. (It's really a Space Ridgeline, but that doesn't sound as funny.)

28 minutes ago, Atmos said:

1. I said those are the typical points truck buyers are looking for. I havent met a single person who owns a truck who hasnt had it kitted for towing something at the very least. Thats literally 1/2 of the reason people buy trucks.

2. Enclosed beds for particular uses, however bed shells can be detached in an afternoorn and the bed set back up for easy access and loading. Its not a permanent feature of the truck.

3. Once again, its what prospective truck buyers look for. You even admit you yourself had a bed toolbox. They are extremely common and a legitimate requirement for many many people and a majority of the truck buying market.

4. Trucks are almost entirely just for work or hauling. Thats literally the entire point of a truck. If you're buying it just because you like the way they look or drive then you are in the absolute minority of truck buyers. Many many many many many truck buyers require space to store tools or equipment in the cab.

5. Some people dont, the majority however would prefer they be able to fit you know, a family perhaps in their truck since most of us cant afford more than one car per working adult. 

6. Most people do. Point moot.

7. You yourself said some people just want to tow atvs and dirt bikes, thus they need a high load capacity for the bed. You can't just stack 2/3 dirt bikes on the back of any freaking vehicle... That just means a bed that can carry a lot without compromising suspension or frame. 

8. Most people do. Infact, almost every single truck owner I know like to have a truck that looks good, which overwhelmingly more often than note means a mean looking truck. Theres a reason trucks look the way they do today, people eat that design up.

9. No it freaking isnt too early to know. Its a tesla. Every other tesla suffers from extremely long repair times because of tesla's 10iq designed oem replacement parts cycle, wherein a certified and licensed repair shop CANNOT have certain parts in stock, and they need to be ordered from tesla directly, taking often weeks for even simple repairs just because they require a tesla specific component. This is an issue thats with tesla and their retarded system, it will affect this "truck". If you dont think it will, you simply do not understand the issue as it current exists.

10. Once again. What most people look for. the 10-15% who only drive around in town and are home every single night and NEVER go on vacation towing a trailer or just in general are the exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

It all comes down to this.

This isnt a truck as it currently exists. It fails in almost every aspect of what the typical and general truck purchasing community wants and requires. It will not be purchased by companies. It will not be purchased by vacationers. It will not be purchased by offroaders (because of the inability to quickly fix issues if they arise on the trail). It will be purchased by a pitifully small community of clout chasers and people who own trucks simply because its what men own, with no real need to own a truck. Its frankly a joke, in every meaning of the word and if it releases as it currently exists for a mass market it will be the greatest failure in modern car history, quote me on that. I am 100% confident in that prediction because I actually work with many of the people tesla has failed to appeal to, and needs to have buy their product.

As reference for that last point I own a business in a truck owning community. 8/10 of my male clientele that I interact with own trucks. They are farmers, ranchers, mechanics, tow men, vacationers, and just general truck enthusiasts living int he city. I have not met a single one who I've talked to who hasnt just laughed out loud at the tesla truck launch. Its been a colossal failure in the purchasing community that they are trying to appeal to. Young guys and old guys alike hate it and think its a joke of a truck.

1. Fair.  I’m very surprised the tow capacity is so low.  They were talking about doing much much more.

2. Theoretically true, but not in practice.

You can do it but then you have to store the topper without deforming it which is really really hard. People will do crazy stuff like make sling systems in the rafters of their garage to lift them off.  Generally when a topper goes on a truck it’s there forever.

3.  Could be true.  It would definitely need to have a special bed box.  I could see one being designed though.

4. Total crap.  The people who actually use their. Trucks for work are called 1%ers because almost no one does it.

5. Iirc there were 5 or 6 people in that thing when it pulled up in the video.  This one smells bad

5. ?

6. I don’t use atvs I have no opinion

7. ?

8.  Ok.  You think it’s hideous.  I think it’s a test mule. It has no plastics on it and no running gear or bumpers.  I’m withholding judgement on that one myself

9. might be true. “Long” is a relative term.  I don’t know.

10. and more 1%er BS again.  That 10-15% is more like 90-95%

Sounds like you and your friends won’t be buying one then because it wasn’t a car designed for you.  That makes sense.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Atmos said:

I said those are the typical points truck buyers are looking for.

They really aren't.

6 minutes ago, Atmos said:

havent met a single person who owns a truck who hasnt had it kitted for towing something at the very least. Thats literally 1/2 of the reason people buy trucks.

Most trucks are sold with the tow package because that's how the dealer wants to sell them. Most people buy truck because they think they need more cargo space than a car or SUV.

8 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Enclosed beds for particular uses, however bed shells can be detached in an afternoorn and the bed set back up for easy access and loading. Its not a permanent feature of the truck.

Yeah few people are going to waste their time removing and reattaching the shell of their beds. They treat them as permanent fixtures.

9 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Once again, its what prospective truck buyers look for. You even admit you yourself had a bed toolbox. They are extremely common and a legitimate requirement for many many people and a majority of the truck buying market.

It's what SOME prospective customers look for, not all. And don't use the fact that I had a tool box as a form of 'gotcha!' argument, as it was a hand-me-down from my dad, who ditched it as it was better at wasting space than it was offering enclosed storage. He didn't even go out of his way to buy it for the truck, it was just a toolbox with a decent price. They're moderately common, but they're not a requirement for a majority of the market.

12 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Trucks are almost entirely just for work or hauling.

RAM SRT-10

RAM Rebel

RAM TRX

RAM Powerwagon

Ford SVT Lightning

Ford Raptor

Jeep Gladiator

Those trucks existed explicitly for either racing (SRT and SVT) or various extents of off roading

Then you have trucks that are SUVs factory modified to have small beds:

Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Hummer H2 SUT

Hummer H3T

Chevy Avalanche

Cadillac Escalade

None of these trucks are great for towing or hauling. They just have more cargo space than their SUV counterparts as the cargo space isn't enclosed. Same for many small trucks, like the Datsun 720, Ford Ranger, etc.

26 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Most people do.

No. Most people don't care. For them, high towing numbers are a moot point.

27 minutes ago, Atmos said:

You yourself said some people just want to tow atvs and dirt bikes, thus they need a high load capacity for the bed.

The upper end of the range for ATV weight is a tad over 1100LBs. A small pickup truck like the Dodge Dakota or (1983 and up) Ford Ranger can handle that pretty easily. Neither of those trucks are particularly good in the payload department either.

32 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Once again. What most people look for. the 10-15% who only drive around in town and are home every single night and NEVER go on vacation towing a trailer or just in general are the exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

Yeah, no. In the US, the top selling car is the F150, and it's most common use is just that: a big car. That's also how people treat passenger trucks like the Ranger and Dakota (and their primary purpose is given away by the name). Outside of the US, we still see the same attitude, except instead of the pick-em up, UTEs are typically more common.

38 minutes ago, Atmos said:

This isnt a truck as it currently exists.

It's as much of as a Ranger or Dakota.

39 minutes ago, Atmos said:

It fails in almost every aspect of what the typical and general truck purchasing community wants and requires.

It really doesn't. It doesn't meet OUR wants and needs. But the market at large wants these types of trucks, we see that from the demand to bring back the Ranger and the strong sales or F150s that end up being under utilized.

41 minutes ago, Atmos said:

It will not be purchased by companies. It will not be purchased by vacationers.

Not every company needs what you think they need, and many vacationers don't benefit from having a truck over other vehicles either.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

That I suspect was the point.  Iirc articles about them sending tesla designers to look at military vehicles.  I also ran into an internet questionnaire some months ago asking design questions about it.  I forget what was on it though.

Doing government work could skyrocket Tesla's earnings, though I bet there needs to be a good, reliable solution for super high autonomy EVs before we get all electric Humvees.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It has no plastics on it and no running gear or bumpers.  

I already explained that it does have bumpers. They're the black segments jutting out from the front and back of the truck, at the bottom of the body.

The center rear view mirror is a camera. Safe to assume that they'd do cameras for the side mirrors as well IF this is close to the final design.

It looks like dedicated signal lights are in between the bumper and body (videos might confirm this, haven't watched).

36 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The 39k for a weird looking Ford Ranger from 1995 seems a tad much. The usable models will be starting in the 70k range.

For most people, the base model is very usable. Towing capacity is right in line with the 2020 Ford Ranger (which Ford brought back due to popular demand), fully kitted 2020 Canyon (it ranges from 3500 to 7700lbs), and outdoes the 2020 Tacoma (6800lbs).

Fun fact, the 2020 Ford F150's towing capacity ranges from 7700 to 13,200lbs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I already explained that it does have bumpers. They're the black segments jutting out from the front and back of the truck, at the bottom of the body.

The center rear view mirror is a camera. Safe to assume that they'd do cameras for the side mirrors as well IF this is close to the final design.

It looks like dedicated signal lights are in between the bumper and body (videos might confirm this, haven't watched).

For most people, the base model is very usable. Towing capacity is right in line with the 2020 Ford Ranger (which Ford brought back due to popular demand), fully kitted 2020 Canyon (it ranges from 3500 to 7700lbs), and outdoes the 2020 Tacoma (6800lbs).

I didn't know Ford had brought back the Ranger to NA.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

I didn't know Ford had brought back the Ranger to NA.

Yes.

And this truck competes with both it and the base F150.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

12 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I'm dead certain I've seen nearly this exact design in a bad sci-fi movie. Still trying to figure out which one.

Starship Troopers?

Everything in that movie is fucking awful. 

Spoiler

Though I would totally buy this.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

Starship Troopers?

Everything in that movie is fucking awful. 

Hide contents

Though I would totally buy this.

It's a hybrid of a lot of things. It also looks like it's from the original Battlezone or any of the 3D line drawn tank games.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

It's a hybrid of a lot of things. It also looks like it's from the original Battlezone or any of the 3D line drawn tank games.

It's early concept art of the Halo CE Warthog.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

@Taf the Ghost @Atmos

Oh, by the way.

My 2007 6.7 Cummins 2500's payload capacity is rated at roughly 2000lbs. 8ft bed, quad cab.

Dad's '09 6.7 Cummins 3500 is roughly 2900lbs. 8ft bed, quad cab.

And because I can: 

The 2020 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7L V8 diesel 4WD, crew cab, short bed payload capacity: 3550lbs roughly.

What Tesla is rating their truck: 3500lbs payload.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Atmos said:

1. I said those are the typical points truck buyers are looking for. I havent met a single person who owns a truck who hasnt had it kitted for towing something at the very least. Thats literally 1/2 of the reason people buy trucks.

2. Enclosed beds for particular uses, however bed shells can be detached in an afternoorn and the bed set back up for easy access and loading. Its not a permanent feature of the truck.

3. Once again, its what prospective truck buyers look for. You even admit you yourself had a bed toolbox. They are extremely common and a legitimate requirement for many many people and a majority of the truck buying market.

4. Trucks are almost entirely just for work or hauling. Thats literally the entire point of a truck. If you're buying it just because you like the way they look or drive then you are in the absolute minority of truck buyers. Many many many many many truck buyers require space to store tools or equipment in the cab.

5. Some people dont, the majority however would prefer they be able to fit you know, a family perhaps in their truck since most of us cant afford more than one car per working adult. 

6. Most people do. Point moot.

7. You yourself said some people just want to tow atvs and dirt bikes, thus they need a high load capacity for the bed. You can't just stack 2/3 dirt bikes on the back of any freaking vehicle... That just means a bed that can carry a lot without compromising suspension or frame. 

8. Most people do. Infact, almost every single truck owner I know like to have a truck that looks good, which overwhelmingly more often than note means a mean looking truck. Theres a reason trucks look the way they do today, people eat that design up.

9. No it freaking isnt too early to know. Its a tesla. Every other tesla suffers from extremely long repair times because of tesla's 10iq designed oem replacement parts cycle, wherein a certified and licensed repair shop CANNOT have certain parts in stock, and they need to be ordered from tesla directly, taking often weeks for even simple repairs just because they require a tesla specific component. This is an issue thats with tesla and their retarded system, it will affect this "truck". If you dont think it will, you simply do not understand the issue as it current exists.

10. Once again. What most people look for. the 10-15% who only drive around in town and are home every single night and NEVER go on vacation towing a trailer or just in general are the exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

It all comes down to this.

This isnt a truck as it currently exists. It fails in almost every aspect of what the typical and general truck purchasing community wants and requires. It will not be purchased by companies. It will not be purchased by vacationers. It will not be purchased by offroaders (because of the inability to quickly fix issues if they arise on the trail). It will be purchased by a pitifully small community of clout chasers and people who own trucks simply because its what men own, with no real need to own a truck. Its frankly a joke, in every meaning of the word and if it releases as it currently exists for a mass market it will be the greatest failure in modern car history, quote me on that. I am 100% confident in that prediction because I actually work with many of the people tesla has failed to appeal to, and needs to have buy their product.

As reference for that last point I own a business in a truck owning community. 8/10 of my male clientele that I interact with own trucks. They are farmers, ranchers, mechanics, tow men, vacationers, and just general truck enthusiasts living int he city. I have not met a single one who I've talked to who hasnt just laughed out loud at the tesla truck launch. Its been a colossal failure in the purchasing community that they are trying to appeal to. Young guys and old guys alike hate it and think its a joke of a truck.

1. Fair.  I’m very surprised the tow capacity is so low.  They were talking about doing much much more.

2. Theoretically true, but not in practice.

You can do it but then you have to store the topper without deforming it which is really really hard. People will do crazy stuff like make sling systems in the rafters of their garage to lift them off.  Generally when a topper goes on a truck it’s there forever.

3.  Could be true.  It would definitely need to have a special bed box.  I could see one being designed though.

4. Total crap.  The people who actually use their. Trucks for work are called 1%ers because almost no one does it.

5. Iirc there were 5 or 6 people in that thing when it pulled up in the video.  This one smells bad

5. ?

6. I don’t use atvs I have no opinion

7. ?

8.  Ok.  You think it’s hideous.  I think it’s a test mule. It has no plastics on it and no running gear or bumpers.  I’m withholding judgement on that one myself

9. might be true. “Long” is a relative term.  I don’t know.

10. and more 1%er BS again.  That 10-15% is more like 90-95%

Sounds like you and your friends won’t be buying one then because it wasn’t a car designed for you.  That makes sense.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If this is what it’s going to be released, I could fix the styling with some plastics.  It needs better and bigger wheel arches, a new front fascia, a side belt, and a side skirt.  In black rubber or plastic.  Super easy with that stainless body.  You can drill it and not worry about rust or paint.  Heck, you could even weld to it.  TIGs weld stainless and they come in 110v bench models now.

We could see a market for third party stuff on this thing that is quite large.

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

inda reminds me visually of the first gen Honda Ridgeline which didn't sell well because it wasn't enough of a truck.

Ridgeline didn't (and doesn't) sell well largely because of the styling and that it Honda's badge (ricer stigma and Honda's other trucks being entirely unknown to the US because they were A) Commercial mini trucks and B) Not widely available in the US).

Otherwise, the first generation of the Honda Ridgeline is very similar to the second generation Dodge Dakota quad cabs. They both had 5' beds (the Dakota was longer at 5'3"), both have similar payload capacities (In the 1500 range for both of them, though the Dakota starts at 1200lbs and the Ridgeline at 1475lbs), though the Dakota wins towing with 6100lbs vs 5000lbs on the Ridgeline.

And guess what spunky mid size's return has a high demand. 

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Ridgeline didn't (and doesn't) sell well largely because of the styling and that it Honda's badge (ricer stigma and Honda's other trucks being entirely unknown to the US because they were A) Commercial mini trucks and B) Not widely available in the US).

Otherwise, the first generation of the Honda Ridgeline is very similar to the second generation Dodge Dakota quad cabs. They both had 5' beds (the Dakota was longer at 5'3"), both have similar payload capacities (In the 1500 range for both of them, though the Dakota starts at 1200lbs and the Ridgeline at 1475lbs), though the Dakota wins towing with 6100lbs vs 5000lbs on the Ridgeline.

And guess what spunky mid size's return has a high demand. 

I always thought the Ridgeline didn't sell well because it was FWD versus RWD (or AWD options). Though, I wish the Mitsubishi Raider put up a better fight, since it was just a re-badged Dakota.

As for this... I'm thoroughly disappointed because I was hoping for something more like a Ranger/Colorado size truck. Something I could load a fridge into, or laundry units when needed. And as much as I like Syd Mead's work, this just looks all kinds of bad, in my opinion.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

1 minute ago, The1Dickens said:

I always thought the Ridgeline didn't sell well because it was FWD versus RWD (or AWD options).

The first gen was AWD only. New one offers FWD and AWD.

1 minute ago, The1Dickens said:

As for this... I'm thoroughly disappointed because I was hoping for something more like a Ranger/Colorado size truck. Something I could load a fridge into, or laundry units when needed. And as much as I like Syd Mead's work, this just looks all kinds of bad, in my opinion.

Looking at the truck next to the 6'2" egomaniac, it is close to those truck sized, just a combination of ground clearance and overall shape playing tricks on us.

8 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

Though, I wish the Mitsubishi Raider put up a better fight, since it was just a re-badged Dakota.

Rebadge and (IMO ugly) face lift.

Though, its last production year sales are impressive:

The last year of the Dakota convertible got 8.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.