Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xnamkcor

Is Rotating a Case a Mod?

Usually the window is on the left side of the case. Otherwise, you can do whatever you want with it, it's your computer.

"Everything is useless when you're an idiot." -Me, May 26, 2015

Your friendly neighborhood ninja. 35. And I'm American, too.

“I did not pay $400 for my superiority to be ported away to other platforms.”- Jerry "The Douchebag" Winston, on console games going to PC

It would make the buttons and ports harder to get to, and the back is ugly with a bunch of cables sticking out.... that did make my brain explode a little though.

If you’d rather look at the cables...no.  putting the buttons and ports on the “front” is in fact a leftover...  

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Hugh54321 said:

Are you modding your cat/dog when you pet them ass to head? 

I have evidence the cat thinks so.  There are scars..

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It would make the buttons and ports harder to get to, and the back is ugly with a bunch of cables sticking out.... that did make my brain explode a little though.

If you’d rather look at the cables...no.  putting the buttons and ports on the “front” is in fact a leftover...  

There are no ports on the front of my case. All the ports are on the back.

7 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

There are no ports on the front of my case. All the ports are on the back.

Usually there is a power button, a reset button, some usb, and maybe a headphone jack.  They might be on the top front.   Doesn’t matter.  It’s not a mod, and it won’t hurt anything.  Making a case that puts the cables facing the user has some real points though.

22 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

If I'm not using an optical drive, is there a reason not to just face the case backwards?

i no some people find this funny but i don't think so. its it a mod no. but ig your thinking on punting the back of the case to the front so easier to un plug and what not go for it. some cases now a days do have power button on top, right side, left side so may make it it easier to jut move it w/e way you need to. you can even lay it flat if you want. the only thing that might be a problem is if you lay it on its left side so the mb is at the top the gpu might sag and may brake things.

poor mans mod is to turn it 90 degrees for better air flow if you got good layout with powerful fans.

Is this one of the people from the verge?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Is this one of the people from the verge?

BTX in a nutshell

I tend to reply with memes because I lack social skills and don't know how to express myself correctly.