Mouse Input Delay in every game

Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

It is a weird one.  That particular issue is generally specifically mouse related. 

let’s look at the mouse input signal:

signal goes through usb to computer and is interpreted by the mouse driver (mouse driver issue?) 

it goes from the mouse driver though windows to the game (windows settings issue?)

it goes to the game software that implements it. (Specific game issue?)

if it’s supposed to go through the driver directly to the game skipping windows and isn’t for some reason windows itself could be the delay (bios setting issue?)

Hi

I have a very annoying problem with my pc.

On every game I play, I have a mouse input delay. It annoys the heck out of me.

I hope someone can help me, games dont make fun if you can't control them the right way.

Here are my specs:

Asus Rog Strix RTX 2070 OC

Base Clock: @1410mhz with 7000mhz memory

Boost Clock: @1945mhz with 7000mhz memory

My personal OC: 2055mhz with 7800mhz memory (runs everything without crashing)

Temp: Around 60 Celsius during load

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x @ 3,8ghz 12/24

My personal OC: 4,225ghz on all 12 cores

Temp: Around 70 - 80 Celsius during load

Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM (2x8) @3200mhz DDR4

Timings: 16 - 18 - 18 - 36

Asus ROG Strix x570 E-Gaming Motherboard

Monitor

Acer Predator XB271H (1ms, 144hz, G-Sync (Currently disabled), TN Panel)

1 TB HDD (for games)

Speeds: Around 400mb/s Write/Read

256 GB SSD (Windows 10 and Programms)

Speeds: Around 450mb/s Write/Read

I am going to upgrade to a "Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB Write 3200mb/s Read 3500mb/s" next month. Looking to replace my two slow drives.

I am kinda angry to spend so much money on my passion and at the end I can't even play a game without mouse input delay.

My mouse feels very sluggish in games. Polling Rate is at 1000 and the mouse speed enhancement inside of windows is disabled.

Games I play: Modern Warfare 2019, GTA V, CS:GO, Hitman 2, The Witcher 3

My friends have about the same specs and they don't notice any input delay. I don't get whats wrong.

Could it be that my delay comes from my slow HDD and SSD? I never heard that they add any input delay? Maybe I am wrong.

I hope for help here I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to play my favourite games without any problems.

It also doesnt matter how high my framerate is, the delay is still there. I overclocked my Monitor to 170hz through the panel and disabled G-Sync to reach higher frames. I have 200fps in some games and still have noticeable input delay.

Don't know what to do anymore, hoping for help here,

Thanks and have a beautiful night!

What mouse?  Every spec was mentioned but mouse model doesn’t seem to have been and you’re talking about a mouse problem.

is it perhaps a wireless mouse?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Is your mouse wireless/have you tried a different mouse? Storage shouldn't be the cause of mouse input delay. The other thing I can think of would be your internet connection if you are playing online.

My mouse is a Kone Aimo from Roccat.

I have tried a different mouse also with 1000 polling rate, same result. Both are connected via USB 3.

It's not my connection, always having a ping around 16 to 19ms and 0% data loss.

I would say it's not a mouse problem because this occures on other mouses too.

I think it is something with the overall input delay from the hardware.

I am literally at the end at what I could do :C

It is a weird one.  That particular issue is generally specifically mouse related. 

let’s look at the mouse input signal:

signal goes through usb to computer and is interpreted by the mouse driver (mouse driver issue?) 

it goes from the mouse driver though windows to the game (windows settings issue?)

it goes to the game software that implements it. (Specific game issue?)

if it’s supposed to go through the driver directly to the game skipping windows and isn’t for some reason windows itself could be the delay (bios setting issue?)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Wallmonger said:

My friends have about the same specs and they don't notice any input delay. I don't get whats wrong.

They live close to you? If yes maybe you can go to their house and test it yourself. Some people is not sensitive to input lag while some does, maybe your friends is the former.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

13 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Windows is freshly installed, I did not change any windows settings but I am definitly trying to check out my mouse driver again!

Thanks!

9 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

They live close to you? If yes maybe you can go to their house and test it yourself. Some people is not sensitive to input lag while some does, maybe your friends is the former.

Yep they are somewhat near me so I can try, I always had the feeling that minor things like micro stutters etc annoy me but my friends don't even notice it..

Oh my freaking god IT WAS THE MOUSE DRIVER!!

I could only play Modern Warfare with lowest settings with a little bit of mouse lag and now I can play at max settings with zero lag ❤️ I love you guys!

45 minutes ago, Wallmonger said:

Oh my freaking god IT WAS THE MOUSE DRIVER!!

I could only play Modern Warfare with lowest settings with a little bit of mouse lag and now I can play at max settings with zero lag ❤️ I love you guys!

*does small happy dance*

caution: butt wiggling is involved.  Those without a strong stomach may wish to look away