How often do you use function keys?

gloop
3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Can you show me how to map Super+Shift+<n> to move the current window to virtual desktop <n> without clunky third party tools? Or F12 to open a powershell window?

I have no idea what you mean by super, that's not a key on any windows keyboard I've had, but F12 to open powershell is super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Create a shortcut to powershell, right click, properties, shortcut key. Then press the shortcut key and PS opens. 

You can also do this exact same thing for PS scripts, allowing you to run any command with any combination of keys.

I personally would set it up running a PS script to remap the keys properly, but you don't have to. 

6 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

Create a shortcut to powershell, right click, properties, shortcut key. Then press the shortcut key and PS opens. 

You can also do this exact same thing for PS scripts, allowing you to run any command with any combination of keys.

Better than nothing but hardly ideal - still this has nothing to do with general window management and moving across desktops. By "super" I mean the Windows key.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I use a "65%", and have previously used a 60% and I use the function keys daily and very frequently because, as mentioned above a few times, there are a lot of IDE and browser actions that are made easier by using them.

The two keyboards I've used are factory configured so the first layer under the number row is the F key row. So press "function + 1" for F1 as an example.

Drop Alt, and Ducky One 2 Mini are the boards I've used. They both have the ability to convert the caps lock key to a second function key which I find super helpful btw.

The Alt is my favorite because you can change the mapping on all the layers in the keyboard firmware itself, but that one is significantly more of an investment. I know there are others out there that use the same firmware that may come in cheaper.