Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ayush007

While under heavy load Cpu Make noise

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hello guys,

 

I know many of you have quite depth experience in troubleshooting problem ,

( YOUR OPINION IS HIGHLY VALUABLE 4 ME)

 

Today I have noticed tht After  playing rdr2 for 4 or 5  hours , I run intel cpu test software , while testing , my cpu  fan (Cooler master AIO 360l rgb) make some kind of noise.

 

PC start performing slow, however my cpu passed the test. Once the test was over , I checked cpu load  ,it’s 0 to 1% but I don’t know why it’s start making noise while testing , it sounds like my PC is struggling.

 

I m quite worry as I have spend money on new motherboard n cpu cooler.

 

Pls help me  guys to diagnose the problem

Also should I reduce working hours of cpu .

does it effect my PC life span if I  playing for long hour ??

 

Your cordially 

Ayush

 

 

Edited by Ayush007
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Hello guys,

 

I know many of you have quite depth experience in troubleshooting problem ,

( YOUR OPINION IS HIGHLY VALUABLE 4 ME)

 

Today I have noticed tht After  playing rdr2 for 4 hours , I run intel cpu test software , while testing , my cpu make some kind of noise , like it’s under heavy load n gpu fan start spining in between.

 

PC start performing slow, although test passed my cpu ,  I checked cpu load once the test are over it’s 0 to 1% but I don’t know why it’s start making noise .

 

I m quite worry as I have spend money on new motherboard n cpu cooler.

 

Pls help me  guys to diagnose the problem.

 

Your cordially 

Ayush

 

 

From what i can understand is that your hearing the cpu fan spin up? Have you checked the cpu temp when you hear this "noise"?


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, ManyCoresGuy said:

From what i can understand is that your hearing the cpu fan spin up? Have you checked the cpu temp when you hear this "noise"?

Thnx intel,

for taking interest in my section ,

its gpu fan 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Ayush007 said:

Thnx intel,

for taking interest in my section ,

its gpu fan 

Well under stress test it’s under 59.C

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

Thnx intel,

for taking interest in my section ,

its gpu fan 

Wait what? Are you talking about your CPU (processor) or your GPU? Your post says you are hearing noises from the CPU. Can you describe the noise?


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blatcher2 said:

 

 

What's the GPU load and fan speed?

This please ☝️


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

Wait what? Are you talking about your CPU (processor) or your GPU? Your post says you are hearing noises from the CPU. Can you describe the noise?

it’s become lil slow ,

so I guess it was cpu issue n 

my gpu fan start spinning fast in between for while then again lower down , just checked again my cpu stress (was waiting to cool it down then again check my cpu temp) this time it was 42.c while testing cpu load.

 

Didnt notice gpu fan speed although I put it at 100% while gaming like rdr2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

its gpu fan

 

1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

Didnt notice gpu fan speed

You're not making sense.

 

1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

this time it was 42.c while testing cpu load.

What's CPU fan speed and clocks. Use CPU-Z for validation on clocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 minutes ago, Blatcher2 said:

 

 

What's the GPU load and fan speed?

Thnx Blatcher 2 for taking interest in my section,

I lower down manually like 41 or 25 something,

However I put it at 100% fan speed while gaming for 4 to 5hours 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

it’s become lil slow ,

so I guess it was cpu issue n 

my gpu fan start spinning fast in between for while then again lower down , just checked again my cpu stress (was waiting to cool it down then again check my cpu temp) this time it was 42.c while testing cpu load.

 

Didnt notice gpu fan speed although I put it at 100% while gaming like rdr2.

So i am still not understanding what your trying to get at. Are you having odd noises from the CPU fan? What does the GPU have to do with your original question? Please clarify what you are asking.


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ayush007 said:

Thnx Blatcher 2 for taking interest in my section,

I lower down manually like 41 or 25 something,

However I put it at 100% fan speed while gaming for 4 to 5hours 

Have you verified that it is actually at this speed when you here the noise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Blatcher2 said:

Have you verified that it is actually at this speed when you here the noise?

Yeah !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

Yeah !!!

What's CPU fan speed and clocks during the noise. Use CPU-Z for validation on clocks.

 

you can also use HW Monitor to see all the info in one place at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ayush007 said:

Yeah !!!

LOL. Yeah when you increase fan speeds you will hear noise, just like when you turn on a house fan......... 🤦‍♂️

 

 

 


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

So i am still not understanding what your trying to get at. Are you having odd noises from the CPU fan? What does the GPU have to do with your original question? Please clarify what you are asking.

I apologies man!!!
Actually I can’t exactly verify, from where the sound is coming from but I’m dam sure for one thing , my cpu start performing slow , now I don’t know whether its because of heating issue like playing such intense game for long hour .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

I apologies man!!!
Actually I can’t exactly verify, from where the sound is coming from but I’m dam sure for one thing , my cpu start performing slow , now I don’t know whether its because of heating issue like playing such intense game for long hour .

 

So i am going to take a guess and say thats its your cpu fan thats making the noise under extended heavy load. Did you apply thermal paste when you install the cpu cooler? also keep in mind that India is a very hot place so your temps will always be an issue (unless you watercool). 


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

LOL. Yeah when you increase fan speeds you will hear noise, just like when you turn on a house fan......... 🤦‍♂️

 

 

 

I apologies  for misunderstanding , I know it’s quite annoying n frustrating , 

let me clear once more I said when I played the game I lower the fan speed n open  the intel test software to check my cpu , n while my gpu fan were lower down I heard  some noise , it sounds like my cpu is quite struggling or under heavy load thts why I heard  tht noise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

So i am going to take a guess and say thats its your cpu fan thats making the noise under extended heavy load. Did you apply thermal paste when you install the cpu cooler? also keep in mind that India is a very hot place so your temps will always be an issue (unless you watercool). 

Well I’m using cooler master  360l rgb for cpu cooling n yes I applied thermal paste.

 

( I hope playing for long hour won’t effect my cpu or gpu life)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

I apologies  for misunderstanding , I know it’s quite annoying n frustrating , 

let me clear once more I said when I played the game I lower the fan speed n open  the intel test software to check my cpu , n while my gpu fan were lower down I heard  some noise , it sounds like my cpu is quite struggling or under heavy load thts why I heard  tht noise.

ok now we are getting somewhere. so if you lowered the fan speeds on both cpu and gpu you hear a noise. Are you using a mechanical harddrive? CPU's dont make any noise but the cooler fan definitely can if its defective or there is something obstructing it.


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah i see now. You are using an AIO. It might be the pump inside the cpu block. Also have your put your ear to where exactly the noise is coming from? How is the Powesupply fan?


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

Ah i see now. You are using an AIO. It might be the pump inside the cpu block. Also have your put your ear to where exactly the noise is coming from? How is the Powesupply fan?

Good catch, might be a dying pump or even something getting caught in the fans.

 

@Ayush007: It would really helpful if you could just include a HWMonitor screenshots with CPU Clocks, GPU clocks, all temperatures and all fan speeds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

Ah i see now. You are using an AIO. It might be the pump inside the cpu block. Also have your put your ear to where exactly the noise is coming from? How is the Powesupply fan?

I tried man , I tried it 

But  I m confused 

Well I have origin PC case n they hv installed psu  quite low, so it’s very difficult to assume however if u r talking about case cooler fan it’s spinning normally I guess!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

I tried man , I tried it 

But  I m confused 

Well I have origin PC case n they hv installed psu  quite low, so it’s very difficult to assume however if u r talking about case cooler fan it’s spinning normally I guess!!

Do you have warranty on your computer? 


Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

 

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

 

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

Ah i see now. You are using an AIO. It might be the pump inside the cpu block. Also have your put your ear to where exactly the noise is coming from? How is the Powesupply fan?

Hey I finally assume tht my AIO cooler fan were making noise.  like they increase speed in between then lower down the speed of fan.It happen anytime. 
 

I have Done some test n took screenshot 

Hope this would help 

86022E4E-E927-465D-8A51-A0DAEF3A859E.jpeg

9468B413-C7FE-4E59-A9D2-82439BCC492E.jpeg

CE5C69EB-2842-4EE2-9EE2-547AE8A68E6B.jpeg

A772DBEC-B0EB-4A64-B041-03CD8F099B41.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×