new Samsung NVMe M.2 970 evo plus 2 TB - static/high pitch noise

Hello,

is it even possible that some modern ssd can do this type of noise?

I think I can say, that I am 100% sure that the sound is coming from my SSD. I was listening really close to every part in my PC. I know that it is really hard to point exact place.. but it happens only why my SSD is connect into my motherboard.

I googled a bit and found that there are FEW people having exactly same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-BHI667po = This is the sound! This is exactly the same sound I am hearing.. while my PC is silently running in Windows 10. While I boot into the BIOS, there is no issue. It starts only when I start downloading or do small tasks.

I run S.M.A.R.T. test and also performance test of the drive. And everything is how it should be! So I can say, that the SSD is totally fine. The noise is not THAT LOUD like in the video, but when my room is totally silent and nobody is there (except me) and I am trying to REALLY focus on it - it's audibly.

OR - it can be this https://www.dell.com/support/article/cz/cs/czbsd1/sln80281/the-solid-state-drive-ssd-on-my-laptop-makes-a-strange-squeal-buzzing-noise?lang=en

For the refference, motherboard is z370 Gigabyte Gaming 7 paired with i7 8700k (stock speed at the moment)

So I guess.. that's how it is. OR shoud be worried?

Thank you very much and I will be happy to see your knowledge.

Caused by and coming from are different.  Coil whine comes from coils.  SSD doesn’t have coils in it but it’s presence could cause a situation where, say, the mobo reaches the right state where a resonance in one of its coils is created

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

46 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Caused by and coming from are different.  Coil whine comes from coils.  SSD doesn’t have coils in it but it’s presence could cause a situation where, say, the mobo reaches the right state where a resonance in one of its coils is created

Ok I understand.. ye, it can be coming from MOBO (from some coil near the ssd). BUT is it a sign that something is wrong or?