Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vihi

Opinions on display overclocking

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all.

I currently have the LG 25UM58 ultrawide display which was ok untill I tried a 144Hz display at my friends' setup.

Now 60Hz feels like crap, but I heard 75Hz makes a lot of difference coming from 60.

Should I give overclocking a try? I've seen mixed opinions online, either saying "yes it's worth it" or "goodbye monitor lifespan".

Monitor still has about 2 years of warranty, if that's important at all. 

And if any of you have that model of monitor, what would you suggest?

I don't feel like dropping 180€ on a 144Hz display if it's not completely necassary. Main games I play are Rocket League, CSGO and Minecraft.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah go ahead and try over locking your current monitor, I highly doubt it will damage your current monitor and it’s quite easy to do !

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, William23r said:

Yeah go ahead and try over locking your current monitor, I highly doubt it will damage your current monitor and it’s quite easy to do !

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there anything I should be careful of? When I looked up monitor overclocking I kept seeing "frame skipping" being mentioned. Is there a tool that can check that? Also any other things that I should watch out for?

35 minutes ago, Vihi said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there anything I should be careful of? When I looked up monitor overclocking I kept seeing "frame skipping" being mentioned. Is there a tool that can check that? Also any other things that I should watch out for?

For the frame skipping you could use ufo test- https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping