Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xRosana

Would you get Samsung S10 or Iphone 11

Posted · Original PosterOP

It's time to upgrade my phone and i cant decide do i want Samsung S10 or Iphone 11, so if you can help me choose.

Depends what you want out of the phone. If you mainly care about pictures and camera go with the iPhone 11. 

If you want a more flexible OS go with the Samsung. Though, if I were to choose an Android phone I wouldn’t go with Samsung. I would go with OnePlus.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (3.6GHz; 1.25v) Cooler:  EVGA CLC 240mm Mobo: Asus Strix B350-i GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz 14CL 2x8GB SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB (Windows) SSD1: ADATA Ultimate SU800 128GB (Linux) SSD2: Samsung QVO 1TB (data) PSUCorsair SF450 Case: NZXT H200i Monitor1ViewSonic XG2401 144Hz 24"

Laptop

Microsoft Surface

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button. 

Spoiler

Other Builds:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 Cooler: Wraith Stealth Mobo: Biostar X370GTN GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB RAM: Corsair LPX 3000MHz 15CL 2x8GB SSD0: Crucial BX500 480GB PSU: Corsair SF450 Case: Silverstone Sugo SG13B White

Retired Devices and Inventory:

• Asus NV56 17" (i7-3360QM, NVIDIA GT 650M, DDR3 8GB) laptop
  • Lenovo Thinkpad X220 12" (i5 vPro 2520M, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Samsung DDR3 1300MHz 9CL 2x4GB) laptop
  • Fractal Design Node 202 case

It will be new phone from company that i work for and they offer S10, S10+ and Iphone 11. But i decided i don't want S10+ because it's too big 

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

rt

retweet?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

Just now, xRosana said:

It will be new phone from company that i work for and they offer S10, S10+ and Iphone 11. But i decided i don't want S10+ because it's too big 

If it’s a work phone I would go with Apple. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (3.6GHz; 1.25v) Cooler:  EVGA CLC 240mm Mobo: Asus Strix B350-i GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz 14CL 2x8GB SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB (Windows) SSD1: ADATA Ultimate SU800 128GB (Linux) SSD2: Samsung QVO 1TB (data) PSUCorsair SF450 Case: NZXT H200i Monitor1ViewSonic XG2401 144Hz 24"

Laptop

Microsoft Surface

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button. 

Spoiler

Other Builds:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 Cooler: Wraith Stealth Mobo: Biostar X370GTN GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB RAM: Corsair LPX 3000MHz 15CL 2x8GB SSD0: Crucial BX500 480GB PSU: Corsair SF450 Case: Silverstone Sugo SG13B White

• Lenovo Thinkpad X220 12" (i5 vPro 2520M, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Samsung DDR3 1300MHz 9CL 2x4GB) laptop

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

retweet?

Yes. It means they agree with you. 

Laptop

Microsoft Surface

Spoiler

Other Builds:

I'd get a Nokia 8.1

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
25 minutes ago, xRosana said:

...new phone from company that i work for...

As a necessity for work?

or as an employee benefit?

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

1 minute ago, xRosana said:

as an employee benefit

Do you have a lot of friends/family who use iPhones?

Do you have use other Apple products?

Will it be replacing your current phone?

What is your current phone?

What did you like about your current phone?

What did you not like about your current phone?

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Do you have a lot of friends/family who use iPhones?

Do you have use other Apple products?

Will it be replacing your current phone?

What is your current phone?

What did you like about your current phone?

What did you not like about your current phone?

Do you have a lot of friends/family who use iPhones? Just 3 of them.

Do you have use other Apple products? No i don't. 

Will it be replacing your current phone? Yes.

What is your current phone? S8

What did you like about your current phone? Camera was good, and i always had android phones so this is why i got him. But now i'm ready to switch if it's worth.

What did you not like about your current phone? It's slow, i think updates kill him. 

1 hour ago, xRosana said:

Do you have a lot of friends/family who use iPhones? Just 3 of them.

Do you have use other Apple products? No i don't. 

Will it be replacing your current phone? Yes.

What is your current phone? S8

What did you like about your current phone? Camera was good, and i always had android phones so this is why i got him. But now i'm ready to switch if it's worth.

What did you not like about your current phone? It's slow, i think updates kill him. 

Based on that last point alone, I'd go with the iPhone.

You honestly don't realize how poor Samsung's update practices are until you go to an iPhone.  Samsung gives you maybe two years of feature updates, and your phone might already be dog slow after one.  Apple gives you four to five, and lately it's been focusing on improving performance for phones at the tail end of that update schedule.  My folks' iPhone 6 units were still performing reasonably well before they upgraded to the iPhone 11.

Beyond that, it should cover the bases: the cameras, performance and battery life will be overall better than the S10, let alone the S8.  You will have to get used to a different OS that might not be quite as customizable as you're used to, but if you spend more time actually using apps than staring lovingly at your home screen layout, you'll be fine.

12 hours ago, Commodus said:

how poor Samsung's update practices are until you go to an iPhone.

is it now that we talk about the fact that apple litterally hard coded updates on older phones to make them slower?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

3 hours ago, flashiling said:

is it now that we talk about the fact that apple litterally hard coded updates on older phones to make them slower?

For the batteries as older ones couldn’t provide enough power in case there was a spike that needed it. Now they removed those blocks, and on my older iPhone 6 I started getting crashes caused by the battery that couldn’t keep up with some processes. So yeah, it wasn’t a huge hoax as the media made it look like. 

Laptop

Microsoft Surface

Spoiler

Other Builds:

19 hours ago, xRosana said:

Between the S10 and iPhone 11, the iPhone has better battery endurance and is a lot less likely to become 'slow' if you don't bother to keep it in good shape.

In terms of hardware, the S10 has a far superior 1440p OLED screen without a notch. As for camera they are both good. Definitely better than your S8. Neither appear to be much better than the other. Although do note that the iPhone 11 does not have a telephoto lens and optical zoom.

The S10 has an in-display fingerprint sensor as the primary mode to unlock. The iPhone relies entirely on face unlock.

If you go with the iPhone, please be mindful of the storage it comes with. Consider the amount of storage you currently use on your S8. The iPhone cannot take a microsd card. Cloud storage may not be a practical solution. You need internet access for cloud storage. And while outside you will probably be using up data to upload when saving to the cloud, and using data again when downloading to access. And if you run out of service, cloud storage is as good as no storage.

Also the iPhone has no headphone jack. A workaround might cost you, considering you were looking to get something for free in the first place.

Other things to note is that the iPhone 11 is the wider, thicker, and heavier device. The S10 is slightly wider then your S8, but is otherwise similar in overall device dimensions and also supports wireless charging if that matters to you.

8 hours ago, flashiling said:

Apple didn't arbitrarily slow down phones with updates to force hardware upgrades.  The throttling you've heard about was to protect the phone against spontaneous shutdowns if the battery is too worn-down (and thus might have trouble delivering full power in some circumstances).  In other words, to extend the useful life of the phone.  And hey, guess what?  You can turn that off if you're willing to accept the risk.

Now, if that desire to help the customer bugs you enough, you can always get a Samsung phone whose updates sometimes slow your phone down for no good reason... and just think, you only have to wait a year or two for that to happen!