Would you get Samsung S10 or Iphone 11

xRosana

It's time to upgrade my phone and i cant decide do i want Samsung S10 or Iphone 11, so if you can help me choose.

I wouldn't go with either :)

Why are you stuck between those 2 specifically? Do no other phones interest you?

Oneplus 7t Pro

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Depends what you want out of the phone. If you mainly care about pictures and camera go with the iPhone 11. 

If you want a more flexible OS go with the Samsung. Though, if I were to choose an Android phone I wouldn’t go with Samsung. I would go with OnePlus.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

It will be new phone from company that i work for and they offer S10, S10+ and Iphone 11. But i decided i don't want S10+ because it's too big 

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

rt

retweet?

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Just now, xRosana said:

It will be new phone from company that i work for and they offer S10, S10+ and Iphone 11. But i decided i don't want S10+ because it's too big 

If it’s a work phone I would go with Apple. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

retweet?

Yes. It means they agree with you. 

Unraid Server

I'd get a Nokia 8.1

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I would say the iPhone only beats the S10 in camera (And not even such a big margin)

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

As a necessity for work?

or as an employee benefit?

as an employee benefit

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Do you have a lot of friends/family who use iPhones?

Do you have use other Apple products?

Will it be replacing your current phone?

What is your current phone?

What did you like about your current phone?

What did you not like about your current phone?

Do you have a lot of friends/family who use iPhones? Just 3 of them.

Do you have use other Apple products? No i don't. 

Will it be replacing your current phone? Yes.

What is your current phone? S8

What did you like about your current phone? Camera was good, and i always had android phones so this is why i got him. But now i'm ready to switch if it's worth.

What did you not like about your current phone? It's slow, i think updates kill him. 

1 hour ago, xRosana said:

Do you have a lot of friends/family who use iPhones? Just 3 of them.

Do you have use other Apple products? No i don't. 

Will it be replacing your current phone? Yes.

What is your current phone? S8

What did you like about your current phone? Camera was good, and i always had android phones so this is why i got him. But now i'm ready to switch if it's worth.

What did you not like about your current phone? It's slow, i think updates kill him. 

Based on that last point alone, I'd go with the iPhone.

You honestly don't realize how poor Samsung's update practices are until you go to an iPhone.  Samsung gives you maybe two years of feature updates, and your phone might already be dog slow after one.  Apple gives you four to five, and lately it's been focusing on improving performance for phones at the tail end of that update schedule.  My folks' iPhone 6 units were still performing reasonably well before they upgraded to the iPhone 11.

Beyond that, it should cover the bases: the cameras, performance and battery life will be overall better than the S10, let alone the S8.  You will have to get used to a different OS that might not be quite as customizable as you're used to, but if you spend more time actually using apps than staring lovingly at your home screen layout, you'll be fine.

12 hours ago, Commodus said:

how poor Samsung's update practices are until you go to an iPhone.

is it now that we talk about the fact that apple litterally hard coded updates on older phones to make them slower?

3 hours ago, flashiling said:

is it now that we talk about the fact that apple litterally hard coded updates on older phones to make them slower?

For the batteries as older ones couldn’t provide enough power in case there was a spike that needed it. Now they removed those blocks, and on my older iPhone 6 I started getting crashes caused by the battery that couldn’t keep up with some processes. So yeah, it wasn’t a huge hoax as the media made it look like. 

Unraid Server

8 hours ago, flashiling said:

Apple didn't arbitrarily slow down phones with updates to force hardware upgrades.  The throttling you've heard about was to protect the phone against spontaneous shutdowns if the battery is too worn-down (and thus might have trouble delivering full power in some circumstances).  In other words, to extend the useful life of the phone.  And hey, guess what?  You can turn that off if you're willing to accept the risk.

Now, if that desire to help the customer bugs you enough, you can always get a Samsung phone whose updates sometimes slow your phone down for no good reason... and just think, you only have to wait a year or two for that to happen!