When is ROG rig reboot 2020? [UNOFFICIAL] [SPECULATION]

ProtijyX
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Since the competition has officially been announced, there's no longer need for this thread. Please use the official thread for further discussion.

43 minutes ago, Raed said:

ok but to enter when it happens do i just upload a video on yt

Merged with mega-speculation thread. You can read instructions and rules for past events from the announcement thread. Old Gleam.io pages also will stay up. And this threads FAQ should be helpful too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...

The year is not even over yet.. wait for them to announce it, if Asus actually wants to do it again.

Seriously? They announced winners like two months ago and people want to know when/if the next one will happen already?

It's been late in the year the past several years so not for at least another 8+ months IF it even happens in 2020

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

No-one knows if or when the next Asus ROG Rig Reboot giveaway would be. I would say sometime towards the end of 2020 at a guess based on previous years. All you can do is subscribe to the LTT youtube channel and keep an eye out for the announcement video.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

17 hours ago, piercetorres said:

Does anyone know when rig boot is gonna happen for 2020

Merged to-be-come megathread. Read FAQ and linked content for more info.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, visit lttstore.com said:

when will you update us on ROG Rig Reboot 2020's date?

It will be added here once its announced. So wait about 6 months. Its usually announced after LTX as the competition is held in October.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So, I have a crappy, 11 year old HP PC, with an AMD processor, no graphics card, NO RGB!, It runs Minecraft at 70 FPS at 6 Chunks, it barely runs fortnite. So, I was wondering if ROG Rig Reboot is a thing?    

You will find out the same date/time the rest of us find out when/if it happens.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

10 minutes ago, Jplayz07 said:

So, I was wondering if ROG Rig Reboot is a thing?    

If it is, you have 6 months to go and 1 in a million chance to win. If I was you, I would start saving for upgrades instead. You can get pretty nice upgrades with low budget if you are after gameplay/productivity over fancy looks and graphics.

(Merged to megathread)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/31/2019 at 8:10 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Merged to-be-come megathread. Read FAQ and linked content for more info.

So your saying, I don't own this thread anymore?

3 minutes ago, Jplayz07 said:

So your saying, I don't own this thread anymore?

I don't know what you mean by that. Since Rig Reboot threads get posted fairly often, and there's no point having more than one while we are speculating if event will be held, moderators have decided to merge all threads to single thread. The first one made after last giveaway ended.

I could make this my thread if that would make any difference. But there's no point of doing so.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! When is ROG Rig Reboot 2020 coming? My old laptop (Core I3 btw) has died. Sometimes it turns on for 5 seconds, then its done. I would love to enter. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, xXAlways said:

Hey! When is ROG Rig Reboot 2020 coming? My old laptop (Core I3 btw) has died. Sometimes it turns on for 5 seconds, then its done. I would love to enter. Thanks!

Merged to megathread. If ROG Rig Reboot is done, it will be Sept-Oct of this year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...

I know this might be a silly question but would it be possible do rog rig reboot without having to fly to north America?

6 hours ago, V0Iume said:

I know this might be a silly question but would it be possible do rog rig reboot without having to fly to north America?

Probably not as the point of the contest is that you can go to Vancouver and build the rig with Linus. While they make a video. Win-win-win for all.

If you can't fly/travel (they do pay for the trip), better just participate local giveaways.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, Kaithin said:

How do we even enter rog rig reboot?

Can we have a bit more information? What are you trying to find out?

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

A turd with an HDMI cable jammed into it is more powerful than a MacBook Air, and up until this year it had a better display, too.

☢️ Know Your Allergens: ☢️

Pollen | Plastic | Radiation | Antimatter

part list

On 2/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, Kaithin said:

How do we even enter rog rig reboot?

If/when contest is announced, the relevant information is also given. Based on past contests, you make Youtube video and post it publicly or unlisted and then use Gleam.io form to enter.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, Sphero209913 said:

Im in dire need of a new rig, my iMac is a piece of Shit

....So your solution is to wait to enter a contest that may never even take place again and which you are statistically unlikely to win if it ever even does...  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

When is the nextrig reboot going to happen? I am desperate cause I have a pc that has i5, 4 gb ram no gpu and 320 gb hdd and I can paly no games at all satisfyingly.