Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ProtijyX

When is ROG rig reboot 2020? [UNOFFICIAL] [SPECULATION]

All threads about ROG Rig Reboot will be merged here.

Following is UNOFFICIAL information. Follow LinusTechTips channel and social media for offical announcements.

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/17-ltt-official/

FAQ

Spoiler

When is the next ROG Rig Reboot?

We don't know. The event is sponsored by Asus and in the end they make the important decisions. LinusTechTips is just organizing it. Based on past years, it will be announced in September and maybe hinted before that in WAN Show.

How can I participate?

You make video submission. Requirements like length and content will be ssaid in contest rules. You can check previous announcement and submission in

And in Gleam.io page https://gleam.io/4TzN3/asus-rog-rig-reboot-2019

Can I enter if I'm under 18?

Yes. You will need to have parents permission to participate. Winning will mean travelling to LMG offices at Vancouver, Canada.

Will my travel costs be covered?

Yes. Details of this haven't been released.

Can I participate if I'm not from Canada/USA?

In 2019 you could. We can't know if same happens next year. However, there are number of countries which are excluded. This list can be found on competition rules.

Why is my country excluded?

There can be multiple reasons, starting from gambling laws and importing stuff. Please look at your local officials for more info as this varies from country to another.

Will my video need to be public?

It can be unlisted or public. You provide link to video when entering.

What kind of PC can I ask for?

Since its Asus sponsored event, components will be mainly from Asus. Watch the previous winners to see what they got:

**** REMINDER ****

Keep this thread clean of any off topic etc. Unrelated posts will be removed!

Look at the date

Take away about 2 months

Estimate about 365 days from then

In all reality, no one knows. This year's literally just happened

|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Posted (edited) · Best Answer

All threads about ROG Rig Reboot will be merged here.

Following is UNOFFICIAL information. Follow LinusTechTips channel and social media for offical announcements.

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/17-ltt-official/

FAQ

Spoiler

When is the next ROG Rig Reboot?

We don't know. The event is sponsored by Asus and in the end they make the important decisions. LinusTechTips is just organizing it. Based on past years, it will be announced in September and maybe hinted before that in WAN Show.

How can I participate?

You make video submission. Requirements like length and content will be ssaid in contest rules. You can check previous announcement and submission in

And in Gleam.io page https://gleam.io/4TzN3/asus-rog-rig-reboot-2019

Can I enter if I'm under 18?

Yes. You will need to have parents permission to participate. Winning will mean travelling to LMG offices at Vancouver, Canada.

Will my travel costs be covered?

Yes. Details of this haven't been released.

Can I participate if I'm not from Canada/USA?

In 2019 you could. We can't know if same happens next year. However, there are number of countries which are excluded. This list can be found on competition rules.

Why is my country excluded?

There can be multiple reasons, starting from gambling laws and importing stuff. Please look at your local officials for more info as this varies from country to another.

Will my video need to be public?

It can be unlisted or public. You provide link to video when entering.

What kind of PC can I ask for?

Since its Asus sponsored event, components will be mainly from Asus. Watch the previous winners to see what they got:

**** REMINDER ****

Keep this thread clean of any off topic etc. Unrelated posts will be removed!

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So If you live out of state (Like For me I live in South Asia) and somehow get the chance to be in ROGRIGREBOOT. So at that point do I have to pay my travelling expenses.

Thank You!!

On 11/26/2019 at 11:51 PM, NineEyeRon said:

Usually you pay for expenses yourself then claim them back via receipts.

Oh so someone like paypal or visa you the money when you take that receipts to administration of some kind 

20 minutes ago, GamersLife said:

Oh so someone like paypal or visa you the money when you take that receipts to administration of some kind 

That should be part of the terms of the agreement between you and the party you would submit the expenses too, prior to you claiming the expenses.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

It all depends on the person doing the event. You could be expected to pay for travel and if they are limited to certain countries.

I read a story about game shows. Where contestants had to pay for travel and housing. And if they won something (say a car) they had to pay the taxes on it before they could take it.

So you could easily win a car on a game show but then not have funds for the taxes and get nothing.

15 hours ago, GamersLife said:

So If you live out of state (Like For me I live in South Asia) and somehow get the chance to be in ROGRIGREBOOT. So at that point do I have to pay my travelling expenses.

Thank You!!

Merged with mega-speculation-thread.

Like said, this info hasn't been released to public. But usually when something is "covered", organizing party books flights and hotels for you, probably offer one hot meal per day too. Rest is for you to pay yourself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Can please get a date for ROG Rig Reboot 2020 because last year I missed the sign-ups because I did not know how to get to it. 

Please tell me.

I'm in the dark about this topic.

3 minutes ago, Pickles072 said:

you and literally every single person except for Asus

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Basically it's going to be in mid September if they decide to do it again.

This year it opened September 20th, and closed it a bit more than a week later. They posted a video, in the desc there was a link

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

COME COME COME JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 WITH F@H!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // FAQ

If you want to make a thread, check if there is another related thread first.

Don't be a light theme peasant
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .'''''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY OR DI  |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,................'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+ mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+ dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/ yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+ ++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN ..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o ``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

2 minutes ago, Pickles072 said:

OK but when will the public know.

Time will tell. It will happen approximately one year from now. Sub to LTT

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 hours ago, Pickles072 said:

Can please get a date for ROG Rig Reboot 2020 because last year I missed the sign-ups because I did not know how to get to it. 

Please tell me.

Merged to mega-thread for questions and speculation. August-September, but if you are YouTube subscriber or follow their social media, you will notice it. And watching WAN Show will help as they usually tease it before registration opens.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

presumably 2020.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The way to get the specs for my PC. go to the store. Buy some potatos. boil them and mash them. and stuff that in a focus g with a ssd.

Just now, Raed said:

ok but to enter when it happens do i just upload a video on yt

If both LTT and Asus ROG decide to do it in 2020, you upload a video and link it in the gleam.io giveaway. 

And you should quote or mention someone to notify them so they can see your response: 

2 minutes ago, Raed said:

ok but to enter when it happens do i just upload a video on yt

Check LTT's channel, you can look for the announcement by Asus and follow the instructions.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Guide to run any software as Admin

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in