Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmilerOnline

Hire Madison!!!

16 hours ago, PixelPol said:

Actually... Is not the usual thing, but sometimes one gets contracted if the sum of skills on a number of matters is fine even if not covering everything required (BTW, in the LTT graphic design offer, what is requested is very spot-on, and no nonsense there, but in MANY companies' job offers it is requested way too many things, also from other profiles (like coding in python to a graphic designer, or asking a coder to be able to model in 3D, that's stupidity, but happens), so, one needs not to be scared of that), or even just if specially excel in one matter, even if not covering a bunch of others. I believe I've learnt entire profiles at companies. And  there's the internship possibility. I was once at a company where we were like 5 contracted for experience and stuff, but after some months, the company needed massive work force for coding and admin, and took like 20 internships, and a number of those ended working fully employed at the company or went to other places, finding better paid contracts. Most were students of last years, tho IT careers. But none had experience, and most of them could not really code. At small businesses (3 to 20 workers) is way more likely to happen. Not everything is Google and Silicon Valley in this world...My first company in 95 did pick this grunt 'cause I could draw, and the second because I could handle Photoshop. All I mean is, you never know. She said she handles Blender, and probably she also uses Photoshop or something similar. With that you night get into some jobs already.

I'll agree that a lot of jobs ramp their requirements up to 11 and think that's a good enough filter. In my experience, the real qualifications for a good employee are seen a bit on the interview, and a lot once they're already hired. That's why I think the things to look for out of an employee are subtle, and recommendations from people who have a good eye for talented /  hard working people are so powerful.

Hell, I'd hire you off the back of correctly nesting parentheses ?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER PSU Tier List Now.

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)
Framepainting-inator: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB Died in a horrible mining accident. Currently looking for used Vega 56s!

Attachcorethingy: GA-H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333 CAS 9

Computerarmor: CM Elite 360 (Moddded to all hell by now)

Rememberdoogle: 120GB Trion 150 + 1TB WD RE+ + 240GB SSD Plus

AdditionalPylons: Corsair CX450M

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: EVGA Torq X3

Auralnterface: @Den-Fi が2年前にくれたヘッドフォン

Liquidrectangles: AOC G2260VWQ6 (Freesync 75Hz), Samsung SMB2030N (1600x900 VGA)

Brother's Computer:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel i3-2100 (carry over from my old build)
Framepainting-inator: GTX 650 Ti

Attachcorethingy: Intel Z68 (don't know anything else, got it from ebay for like $40)

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x2GB 1333MHz C9

Computerarmor: Ashamed to say

Rememberdoogle: 120GB SP550 + 500GB 2.5" from a laptop

AdditionalPylons: Antec Basiq BP350 (not as loud as @STRMfrmXMN says it is) (actually pretty loud for my standards)

Letterpad: Logitech MK120 bundle

Buttonrodent: See above

Auralnterface: Hah! You wish

Liquidrectangles: Samsung 1600x900 + LG 1440x900

12 hours ago, GodSeph said:

that she was funny based on interaction with Linus

human interactions is a big part of fitting into a work enviroment

worth ethic is a big part as well

getting along with your fellow workers and supervisors and head honchos too is very important

the ability to learn new things and how quickly you grasp and can work on your own

no one wants to teach the same thing to a person 3 times on everything, or a few things

no one wants to work with a downer or someone who isnt good to work with

the enviroment of the workplace is a big deal

And take responsibility, deal well with pressure, and provide always, tho that goes implicit in the "work ethic" mention.

9 hours ago, Energycore said:

Hell, I'd hire you off the back of correctly nesting parentheses ?

Haha.  That's probably one of the most wanted skills in my profile... they wouldn't need to look further in my career ?.  Prolly if I'd write like that to HRs in the letter, they'd be able to imagine how beautiful my spaghetti code would be, full of redundant and nested loops... Luckily for the universe, I don't code :D  (last time I mentioned HTML/CSS as 'coding', provoked an eyebrow strain to certain someone).

11 hours ago, amdorintel said:

human interactions is a big part of fitting into a work enviroment

worth ethic is a big part as well

getting along with your fellow workers and supervisors and head honchos too is very important

the ability to learn new things and how quickly you grasp and can work on your own

no one wants to teach the same thing to a person 3 times on everything, or a few things

no one wants to work with a downer or someone who isnt good to work with

the enviroment of the workplace is a big deal

yes, but thats 1 small part of the overall points I made. Sure she could have chemistry on camera but other then that we know nothing about her work ethic, schooling, experience, interviews, history, etc... My point was hiring based on a video interaction is silly and I trust LTT would have put thought into hiring her if she was applying for a position before. If she applied before LTT has people who put alot of work into making sure they have the correct people for their company and us seeing from the outside have a limited look into what goes on.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:50 AM, fredrichnietze said:

i rewatched the maddison build for the 5th time. please hrie maddison. if she can make content this enjoyable on the spot think what will happen with time to write a script! 

mate you are mot the only one. She is brilliant for a host

On 11/26/2019 at 3:49 PM, Results45 said:

Madison's

she looks to be in her young 20's

atleast the thumbnail picture is normal, unlike other people who throw up crazy thumbnail pics on pretty much every vid

Can someone please link me to this Madison build video...? 

Not finding anything lol.  She seems funny in that short video above for sure ?

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME