Hire Madison!!!

SmilerOnline
1 minute ago, Vitamanic said:

This obsession with her is weird.

Seriously, though!! It's unhealthy.

Like, I enjoyed the video as much as the next person, but I'm not going to pretend I have any say in the financial decisions of a company in another country, that I'm not employed at, and don't have any vested interest in.

The thing that sucks is that if someone else gets hired instead, the comment section in that video's reveal will be full of toxic BS and that person will already be starting off at a disadvantage.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not planning to be toxic to anyone else who gets hired.

11 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I don't think anyone actually expects her to be hired. It's just fun to get behind goofy "causes". It's like the #firecolton movement.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I don't think anyone actually expects her to be hired. It's just fun to get behind goofy "causes". It's like the #firecolton movement.

Speak for yourself. I fully understand she MIGHT not, and that's fine, I'm just pushing for an amazing human.

4 minutes ago, Peerless Girl said:

Speak for yourself. I fully understand she MIGHT not, and that's fine, I'm just pushing for an amazing human.

This is a good example of why I said this is a weird obsession.

You don't know this person, you don't know that she's "an amazing human". All that you've seen is a random sponsored YouTube video that had her in it. How in the world are you judging someone as an amazing human based off of them building a computer for 20 minutes or streaming on Mixer for a day?! 

Some of you guys really need to take a step back.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

3 minutes ago, Peerless Girl said:

She's got no qualifications for a tech channel and is from Arizona. Even if she really wanted to work there, she'd have to get a Canadian work visa, which is pretty difficult.

She's hilarious and I really enjoyed watching someone push Linus's buttons, but it would be like me (a techie from the US) applying to be a mechanic in Australia.

PS: Linus has stated multiple times that she's not being hired.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

This is a good example of why I said this is a weird obsession.

You don't know this person, you don't know that she's "an amazing human". All that you've seen is a random sponsored YouTube video that had her in it. How in the world are you judging someone as an amazing human based off of them building a computer for 20 minutes or streaming on Mixer for a day?! 

Some of you guys really need to take a step back.

I hadn't seen replies like this. I (jokingly) said she needed to be hired, but I thought it was all just in good fun.

I did subscribe to her YouTube channel in case she starts releasing other stuff.

43 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

no not really at all

you have to think about what ages those people are

then you will realize its not that weird

12 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

no not really at all

you have to think about what ages those people are

then you will realize its not that weird

That makes it MORE weird...:P

9 minutes ago, Peerless Girl said:

That makes it MORE weird...:P

weird to some ppl perhaps

once you have children you will understand

LMG has had many guests from many backgrounds and walks of life over the years so why is it now out of nowhere there is this apparent giant movement to get this one, random, latest guest hired? Is it just because she talked about finding work where she lives? Was that the trigger?

This whole thing doesn't make sense to me and seems like one giant Internet troll/meme.

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

This whole thing doesn't make sense to me

because she is a female girl (im unsure of her age)

and lots of young uns on ltt are gaga over her

plus i kinda doubt the one claiming to be her with an account on ltt, is really her, might be someone else, an imposter like a him/imposter/fake/troll

but no one knows

3 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

plus i kinda doubt the one claiming to be her, is really her, might be a him/imposter/fake/troll

but no one knows

yeah this whole thing is pretty retarded, i would like to see her in a new video for the comedy but not gonna go to the extent of spamming about hiring her.

everyone needs to chill, this thread keeps popping up when im looking for new content!

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

yeah this whole thing is pretty retarded, i would like to see her in a new video for the comedy but not gonna go to the extent of spamming about hiring her.

everyone needs to chill, this thread keeps popping up when im looking for new content!

but you chose to click on the thread and comment

you could have just passed it and went onto your new content

its pretty slow in ltt tonight, i thought maybe wan show but its like 11pm must've been over an hour ago, who knows but maybe there is a full moon out tonight, plus its the grey cup season but techies arent into sports so i just dunno

10 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

and lots of young uns are gaga over her

You'll have to forgive my inability to remember names but what of the ex-employee (left on good terms I believe) who was the "hand model". I didn't notice anybody going crazy making drama about her. And she was pretty.

Edit: Wait. Max. I think it was. (Probably spelt differently)

Just now, Windows7ge said:

You'll have to forgive my inability to remember names but what of the ex-employee (left on good terms I believe) who was the "hand model". I didn't notice anybody going crazy making drama about her. And she was pretty.

yea hand model / hair colored differently all the time

i forget her name too

but here was a craze over her as well, dunno how long it lasted

17 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

yea hand model / hair colored differently all the time

i forget her name too

but here was a craze over her as well, dunno how long it lasted

There was? I missed it. Well, just like every other spontaneous event another will come to pass and everyone will migrate leaving the last forgotten.

Such is the circle of the Internet.

40 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

plus i kinda doubt the one claiming to be her with an account on ltt, is really her, might be someone else, an imposter like a him/imposter/fake/troll

but no one knows

@Suop is actually Madison, if you'd checked the WAN Show, you'd see Linus Raided her stream...heh.

As for the "work Visa" she's actually a Canadian citizen, born in Calgary, so she would not need one. Her "can you give me a VISA" joke was in reference to needing a US visa, and the LTT guys "roleplaying" the US government. She needs one for the US, but not for Canada. 

Weird or not, obsession or not.

The hire Madison thing needs to run it's course pretty quickly so that it doesn't risk HARMING her chances of getting hired.
It was a great thing to express the support of the audience and the interest in more content.

But at this point LMG has to be ENTIRELY aware of the opinion and support, and to let it run much longer will risk harassment and might make it harder to hire her, less it appear that they can be harassed into doing things.

Let's continue to support her in whatever adventures she decides to go on, and dial back the Hire spam a little. :D

That is exactly what I plan to do, Kelar. I can probably safely say I know Mads doesn't want this to be anything toxic or negative, and it's not intended to be, at least by myself. To do much more other than support her risks doing exactly as you suggest, so I for one plan to support her as I've been doing and see where it goes!

On 11/21/2019 at 12:45 PM, Peerless Girl said:

IMO they could use a "real" host, I think *you're* confusing pessimistic with realistic, but that's my opinion. There's a fine line. You may think what you like, and I will think what I like, and continue to support an awesome human being in doing what she loves. For all I know she doesn't WANT to work there anymore, only she knows. She has said, the same as Linus did that she "cannot speak about anything going on with LTT" so...that tells me she may be under NDA. Time will tell.

You didn't tag or quote whoever this was supposed to be for...

On 11/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, GodSeph said:

I guess its my age showing as I believe i am around the same age as Linus. It seemed very forced and the "awkward" feeling wasnt pleasant to watch. but thats my opinion. When people see this video and ask her to be hired it would be under the assumption to be a host to play off of Linus as that is one of the main points is their interaction. If she isnt in any videos why would it matter if she was hired or not since you wouldnt know?

There were a couple of moments where you could see Linus got a bit short with her, but overall I think he was really enjoying himself. You could see him genuinely smiling through quite a few parts. Why would you assume she wouldn't be in videos?

I'm the same age as Linus. I didn't see nearly as much awkwardness as you did.

7 hours ago, Euchre said:

She's a graphic designer, and just because they have one, doesn't mean they can't use two. My lady is a graphic artist, and I actually showed her the job listing back when they posted it, but we're not keen to move to Canada at this point. Based on how it is at her work where she is the ONLY fully qualified graphic artist (she's got a degree and tons of experience), it is a royal PITA when she wants to take a day or two off, let alone a week long vacation.

Madison is a gamer too, so she's got another thing that fits right in.

She's articulate enough, funny, and comfortable in front of the camera. She's also younger than most of the staff, and a bit more in touch with that demographic.

Lots of good reasons to hire her, and the only obstruction I can see is that as a contest winner, there might be some embargo for a given period of time. If there isn't - then do it.

Not keen on moving to Canada? You're missing out! Though, the GVRD is extremely expensive, so if you were thinking about owning a house...you'd have to have a pretty substantial savings.

Haha, yeah. They don't really have any female camera talent, and IIRC they haven't really had a solid person for that role. I think they're missing out on a (albeit small) demographic of female viewers. Not only that, but lets be real, male viewers like to watch female talent.

Her moving is a bit of an obstruction, both from the housing standpoint and the possible visa implications.

4 hours ago, The1Dickens said:

Seriously, though!! It's unhealthy.

Like, I enjoyed the video as much as the next person, but I'm not going to pretend I have any say in the financial decisions of a company in another country, that I'm not employed at, and don't have any vested interest in.

The thing that sucks is that if someone else gets hired instead, the comment section in that video's reveal will be full of toxic BS and that person will already be starting off at a disadvantage.

Saying it's unhealthy is going a bit far. There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion about someone, and speaking highly of them.

Unhealthy would be like following her on all of her social media accounts, sending her tons of messages, and saying you're madly in love with her (though who knows maybe that's what works these days ?).

I don't think the comment section would be bad at all. There will of course be YouTube trolls, but that'd happen regardless of what's said. For example, those who are speaking highly of her probably see you as being toxic.

3 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

She's got no qualifications for a tech channel and is from Arizona. Even if she really wanted to work there, she'd have to get a Canadian work visa, which is pretty difficult.

She's hilarious and I really enjoyed watching someone push Linus's buttons, but it would be like me (a techie from the US) applying to be a mechanic in Australia.

PS: Linus has stated multiple times that she's not being hired.

That's not true. She's a graphic designer.

Haha, it wouldn't be like that at all...and frankly, if you did that, there's a chance you could get hired.

I don't think he's stated she's not being hired. He's stated he doesn't discuss HR related stuff on camera. That's different.

1 hour ago, amdorintel said:

but no one knows

It is her, if it was an imposter I think they'd be embellishing it a bit more.

Haha, I think a lot of them are excited about a girl that likes games ? Nothing really wrong with that.

She is cute, though.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Edit: Wait. Max. I think it was. (Probably spelt differently)

That wasn't her only role, I believe she also did....cinematography?

1 hour ago, Peerless Girl said:

@Suop is actually Madison, if you'd checked the WAN Show, you'd see Linus Raided her stream...heh.

As for the "work Visa" she's actually a Canadian citizen, born in Calgary, so she would not need one. Her "can you give me a VISA" joke was in reference to needing a US visa, and the LTT guys "roleplaying" the US government. She needs one for the US, but not for Canada. 

Well, maybe. Depends how she handled her citizenship when she moved; not everyone who moves to the US keeps Canadian citizenship.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

dear linus

i joined the forums to say this was my favorite video ever and please hire Madison. the magic is madison + linus the sum is greater then the individual parts. i could watch them do literally anything all day and never get bored please please hire madison. riley is essentially a male maddison with maturity and hes profitable. also if we all go ask intel/amd/nvidia/ect to hire her to be your contact/handler one of them will bite. her trolling you at say ltx will get more views on the product they are trying to sell and also be hilarious. if you hire her no one else can! 

ps to everyone else please dont comment that linus doesnt read the forums/wont see this/ect. h'll see it or he wont dont ruin my dreams.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, Spotty said:

She said in the intro to the video that she was born in Canada before moving to USA, meaning she's a Canadian Citizen by birth. A citizen won't need a work permit or a visa to enter to country.

It's still a complicated and personal issue though and someone can't just work for a company simply because fans want them to. Lots of things like past experience, qualifications, open positions, availability, relocating, personal commitments, commitments to education or other employment, etc... Maybe they just simply aren't interested in working for the company or has since found work somewhere else that they are happy with.
It's good to see so many people be supportive, but keep your expectations in check.

Even if they don't hire her, I think it would be cool to see her come back again in the future even as a one off. Linus recently said on WAN show I think that LTT were planning on doing Mystery Shopper again, maybe she can come back to be the new mystery shopper now that the companies are on the look out for spy Janice.

Well -that WOULD be just FUN !!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

That wasn't her only role, I believe she also did....cinematography?

So far it seems nobody definitely remembers what her actual job/tasks were at LMG. Poor Max.