Note taking tablet/2-in-1?

The Blue Cryptid

Going to college and want to have digital notes since I'm online. I just want a relatively cheap tablet/2-in-1 to do that with. Any recommendations (Not raeally a budget, but looking to spend less than $200)

Just here for some fun.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

PC Build 1: Great Ape (Main Rig) > https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DJ_saiyanprince/saved/nKjHGX

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

GPU: ASUS GTX 1070Ti 8GB ROG STRIX
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750 W

Mobo: MSI MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI

Case: Corsair 4000D

PC Build 2: Piccolo (Emulation/ITX/Transportable) > https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DJ_saiyanprince/saved/tDBdHx

CPU: Intel i5-11400

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB SC
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GM 550 W

Mobo: ASRock Z590M-ITX/ax

Case: Silverstone RVZ03

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

♪♫ "2-to the-1-to the-1-to the-3 I like good OC and RGB. Configure so much, you wouldn't believe. And I get more blue screen than a Walmart PC" ♪♫

I have a Surface Go that I got just for note taking and it has been pretty great so far. Its not the fastest thing in the world but its very accurate with the pen and it has excellent build quality. Using Microsoft's One Note is excellent and super flexible. Plus It has a micro sd card slot which is great, I got the smaller storage option and got a g.skill 128gb card for under $20 and that has worked very well for me

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Best "note taking" experience?

Save up for a (used or deal) iPad 2018, maybe iPad 2018 (10,2") + Logitech Crayon (or Apple Pencil, if you need pressure).

No alternative. There is pretty much NOTHING available below 200 bucks, that can be recommended in comparison.

Cheapest Android solution would be a Huawei M5 Lite + the M5 Lite Pencil (25 bucks~). However, no more Updates, bad OS for a Tablet, and not good Tablet-Apps. iPadOS is vastly superior.

In Windows nothing exists.
Other things... Well, yea.

Trust me. For note Taking, an entry iPad + The Apple Pencil / Logitech Crayon is by FAR the best experience you will get in that price range, and i highly recommend saving up f or that.

Trust me. You want to work with that effectively, fast, and have many options organising everything.

Get the iPad. Be happy untill your college time is over, Win Win. 

Recommended Apps for that: GoodNotes 5 / Notability. You can't go wrong with either.

You do can go with very old refurbished devices, like the mentioned Lenovo X220T~.
But: It weights 1.4 Kilogram (iPad will be 0,48 Kilogram), the Display is a 768p Resolution, and it's very questionable, how precise the Pen will be. Try it out before, but even todays Microsoft Surfaces will NOT give you a much better experience than an Apple Pencil will.

Still: Because of the usability in Tablet mode, the amount of Apps, and especially different Note Taking Apps (Windwos has pretty much ONLY OneNote. Either you like the features, or well.. no other way. You have to use THIS application. On iPad, if you don't like Notability? Try GoodNotes 5. Or ZoomNotes. Or Noteshelf. Or NotesPlus. Or MarginNote 3 / Liquid Text. Many possibilities with their own different special features and perks.

But that is the Reason, that an Ipad is THE absolute best option hands down, for pure 100% Digital Note Taking.