My most painful PC Build... - ROG Rig Reboot 2019

JonoT

My 17 year old son kept scolding me for laughing so much while I watched it on my computer with headphones on, but I'd love to get his take on it.

I also sent a link to this video to a friend who's about Linus' age, and I'm waiting to hear her reaction. 

Thank you to everyone involved in doing such a wonderful job on the video, and that includes all the talent, and the editing (nice flow).

Seems nobody has mentioned it thus far but Linus already addressed the #HireMadison thing blowing up on FP and then YouTube. I'm sure he'll address it again tomorrow on WAN show but in case anybody can't wait he talked about it on Awesome Hardware on Tuesday.

(Timestamped 34:17 or so)

TL;DW
He can't discuss HR related things including the hiring process so you won't hear anything about it from them directly. If you want to watch for news on whether she was hired check for her portrait to appear on the staff section of their site.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

I was thinking: it's been said they'll bring back Channel Super Fun right? Now imagine Madison doing videos there!

I mean she'll probably have to dial down the potty mouth - Linus did said several times this is a thing on LMG videos - but hey I think it would still be great! ?

BTW: not sure if those 'just registered to say hire her' are legit but… Whet if most really are? ?

It was indeed an Awesome video, they really looked very Funny.

It was indeed one of the videos i most laughed.

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

On 11/20/2019 at 10:44 PM, malavhe said:

I just registered to say that was a hilarious video and you guys shiuld hire her stat! She was right it wouldn't be half as fun if Linus did it himself. 

same. very good video.

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

actually going on a tangent to the Coupon thing: do you guys say February as in feh-brew-uhree or feh-beau-uhree? o_o

Feb-u-waree

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

oh same then o_o it's the first R i'm concerned with ,_,

I treat it as a silent r.

According to this, there are more than one way to pronounce it.

image.png.fb68cca4230acdf971bb6b6f5ce0c8db.png

On 11/20/2019 at 4:44 PM, malavhe said:

I just registered to say that was a hilarious video and you guys shiuld hire her stat! She was right it wouldn't be half as fun if Linus did it himself. 

I had to reset my password and bring my account out of dormancy to say the same.

11 hours ago, KnightSirius said:

TL;DW
He can't discuss HR related things including the hiring process so you won't hear anything about it from them directly. If you want to watch for news on whether she was hired check for her portrait to appear on the staff section of their site.

She may not have applied for the 'right' position at LMG. But I'm not sure they were looking for the title of "incredibly amusing bane of Linus's existence." This position needs to be created for her.

10 hours ago, Suop said:

I'm glad people seem to think I'm funny!!!

You're hilarious without trying to be. That's a gift. If LMG doesn't hire you, start your own Madison's Life Tips channel or something.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

You're hilarious without trying to be. That's a gift. If LMG doesn't hire you, start your own Madison's Life Tips channel or something.

MadisonFire

Then you can hire Linus.

14 hours ago, caincha said:

was thinking: it's been said they'll bring back Channel Super Fun right?

it doesnt make enough money for linus to continue with that channel.

Great video very funny she has a  great screen personalty and I think that Madison would be an awesome addition to LTT. I would like to see her in scrapyard wars or a tech tips and/or quick bits video she would be very upbeat and entertaining.

12 hours ago, Suop said:

I'm glad people seem to think I'm funny!!!

Haha, definitely! I haven't laughed as much while watching an LTT video since the Linus Roast.

I watched some of your stream after Linus sent the hoard, your reaction was hilarious ?

How's the PC?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

14 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

actually going on a tangent to the Coupon thing: do you guys say February as in feh-brew-uhree or feh-beau-uhree? o_o

it is said differently by various people

14 hours ago, snkiz said:

I had to reset my password and bring my account out of dormancy to say the same.

i hate when that happens

i thought i lost my w10 pw, but i figured it out

i did lose a username and pw for two things this week but its easy to recover using email

3 hours ago, NotAvgGeek said:

Great video very funny she has a  great screen personalty and I think that Madison would be an awesome addition to LTT. I would like to see her in scrapyard wars or a tech tips and/or quick bits video she would be very upbeat and entertaining.

i bet linus will milk the current situation for whats it worth, but we will have to see how it all pans out.

first off, where does this girl live?

maybe she is busy with work

What is the pc case used?  He lists everything down to the mousepad, but doesnt name the case????

3 hours ago, RealMFB said:

what is the name of this case?

In Win 805 Infinity   

Is what I found on google.  But not sure.  Never disliked a LTT video before, but since I am currently seeking a new case, and loved this case and LTT did not list it, but did a mousepad, video disliked until he links the case(Case matters!)

2 hours ago, OldManGaming said:

Never disliked a LTT video before

i've disliked many a linus video

to each there own

did you look at the comments in the youtube video?

On 11/21/2019 at 1:22 AM, crazycharlieh said:

Just to add this into the mix, Linus was on Paul and Kyle's "Awesome Hardware" show a couple of nights ago. In their superchat section at the end, someone donated with "#hiremadison".

Linus replied that they are staggered by the reception that the video (which at the time was still FP exclusive) has got, but that they "do not comment on HR matters publicly" (or something to that effect)

The only way we'll know is "if she appears on the roster at linusmediagroup.com."

It wasn't an outright "no" - I'd love to see her energy and her female touch brought into the mix too - but let's not get our hopes up here.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:16 AM, KnightSirius said:

Seems nobody has mentioned it thus far but Linus already addressed the #HireMadison thing blowing up on FP and then YouTube. I'm sure he'll address it again tomorrow on WAN show but in case anybody can't wait he talked about it on Awesome Hardware on Tuesday.

(Timestamped 34:17 or so)

TL;DW

I may not have done it with a fancy timestamp, but I did in fact bring this up.

12 hours ago, amdorintel said:

i've disliked many a linus video

to each there own

did you look at the comments in the youtube video?

I am there for the video, not the comments.  And yes I did, I stopped reading after I seen it was filled with sexual remarks about an underage girl.  I mean Linus puts a mouse pad, but not the case?  Only reason it annoys me, is I am currently looking at cases, and when I found one I liked, he doesnt give the name or link