Stock Fan or Aftermarket Fan for CPU in a Hot Climate?

Hey...

How does Ryzen 5 3600 perform in a hot climate with stock fan and stock thermal paste?

I am concerned because in summer, we have temperature 32 to 37 degrees celcius (89.6 - 98.6 fahrenheit)

As I am building new PC, I am wondering whether I should go stock fan and thermal paste

or go aftermarket fan with aftermarket thermal paste.

I will not be overclocking CPU.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, TechnicGeek said:

Hey...

How does Ryzen 5 3600 perform in a hot climate with stock fan and stock thermal paste?

I am concerned because in summer, we have temperature 32 to 37 degrees celcius (89.6 - 98.6 fahrenheit)

As I am building new PC, I am wondering whether I should go stock fan and thermal paste

or go aftermarket fan with aftermarket thermal paste.

I will not be overclocking CPU.

Thanks.

The stock fan that comes with Ryzen 5 3600 should be good enough. But if you want, you can change into tower cooler which will cool your CPU further. Be sure to check your clearance before you buy the cooler.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

10 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

The stock fan that comes with Ryzen 5 3600 should be good enough. But if you want, you can change into tower cooler which will cool your CPU further. Be sure to check your clearance before you buy the cooler.

With stock cooler, will Ryzen be more limited in terms of reaching and staying on its maximum speed compared to tower cooler?

Even when you do not plan to overclock, the CPU optimize its performance (clock speeds) also by the CPU temp. So in hot summer with stock cooler you can experience performance losses (lower boost clocks or lower all core clocks when cpu is fully loaded over longer time) because of higher ambient temperatures. If you can find cheap (less then $10 or from a friend) Wraith Spire (3600 has stealth) cooler you can use it pretty well. In other cases I would look for something like SilentiumPC Spartan 3 PRO, this will be enough for any scenario.

43 minutes ago, sopen said:

In other cases I would look for something like SilentiumPC Spartan 3 PRO, this will be enough for any scenario.

That's one, not so popular cooler right there. At least it's not on Amazon and their official website is not into selling.

What do you think about Scythe Mugen Rev.B cooler?

17 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

That's one, not so popular cooler right there. At least it's not on Amazon and their official website is not into selling.

What do you think about Scythe Mugen Rev.B cooler?

I meant it to buy something similar (performance, price) like the Spartan. The Scythe is to much overkill. Something with 1/2 or 2/3 of a price the Scythe will be sufficient. You can buy i.e. GELID Solutions Tranquillo, Arctic Freezer 34

I got the Spartan together with the Ryzen 5 1600 so I know it will be enough. I tested it this summer and here were temperatures higher then 30°C (35°C was no exception) most of the summer.