So my laptop is dead

Neft

So my laptop died, went to work come home it was posting error blinks, basically everything in it failed out except for the power supply and motherboard, so I'm in the market for a new PC or laptop my budget is 1300$, looking to get something decent that can handle casual gaming maybe overwatch or dauntless or a few steam games.

So any ideas on what parts I should get or on any PCs that might actually be worth buying prebuilt

3 minutes ago, Neft said:

So my laptop died, went to work come home it was posting error blinks, basically everything in it failed out except for the power supply and motherboard, so I'm in the market for a new PC or laptop my budget is 1300$, looking to get something decent that can handle casual gaming maybe overwatch or dauntless or a few steam games.

So any ideas on what parts I should get or on any PCs that might actually be worth buying prebuilt

Are you interested in building your own, or are you sold on prebuilts/laptops?

2 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

Are you interested in building your own, or are you sold on prebuilts/laptops?

I've done both over the years, honestly don't care which as stated above.

I even tried frankensteining two broken laptops I had together before admitting there's no repairing it without refurbished parts, didn't see any corrosion on it either which would of been an easy fix.

10 minutes ago, Neft said:

I've done both over the years, honestly don't care which as stated above.

I even tried frankensteining two broken laptops I had together before admitting there's no repairing it without refurbished parts, didn't see any corrosion on it either which would of been an easy fix.

So a starting point, here is something I quickly put together: 

You can change whatever you want, that is just a quick starter build I threw together.

OTHERWISE... Prebuilt options such as.. https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Computer-Element-MR9270-DDR4-2666/dp/B07WQ2WJ97

But going that route, you are not getting a adequate cpu cooler and PSU. If you went on Ibuypower.com and customized one with a better cooler and PSU it will be about 1400-1500(of equal performance as the part list I posted).

33 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

So a starting point, here is something I quickly put together: 

You can change whatever you want, that is just a quick starter build I threw together.

OTHERWISE... Prebuilt options such as.. https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Computer-Element-MR9270-DDR4-2666/dp/B07WQ2WJ97

But going that route, you are not getting a adequate cpu cooler and PSU. If you went on Ibuypower.com and customized one with a better cooler and PSU it will be about 1400-1500(of equal performance as the part list I posted).

smh, you don't always have to go over the top with the budget, 130 for an AIO on a 9600k is pretty overkill, an aorus pro is overkill for 9600k even for overclocking , try msi edge ace: 160$, or z390 prime by asus: ~180$. use that extra money for a 5700 xt/5700 and a large hard drive for mass storage and you got yourself a decent build.

Thank you both, for the suggestions, I'll probably add a bit more in to spring for a bigger hard drive though seeing as I had to get a 1 terrabyte micro SD for the switch and honestly with my steam library I need all the space I can get.

I'm a variety gamer :)