can't log into my wifi repeater to change the network it's connected to

R509

My desktop currently (usually) receives internet via an Ethernet connection to WiFi repeater that I found laying around. Anyways, the network I want to connect to has changed, so I need to log in to the repeater to change which network it repeats, however it seems I cannot log in; when I type it's IP address into a browser, it simply says failed to connect/site not found/ect. I have also connected via a laptop to the wireless network that it creates to repeat, and find the same issue.In the past, I was able to log into it from my desktop/laptop via its IP address (192.168.10.253); however it has been months since I last had to, and now I find that I no longer can. Could it's IP address have changed, or could there be some network setting preventing me from connecting? My current way of connecting my desktop to the desired network is not ideal, I'm using a phone USB tether to connect it to the desired network.

It's a cheap Yetor wireless repeater

I used the fact that I had it laying around to cut cost when I built my PC.
I want to get an Ethernet cable eventually to bypass it but it would still be nice to repeat my network here and also i'd have to rout the cable to the other side of the house so that would take some planning/time/waiting for the cable/money/whatever so I'd like to get the repeater working again.

As per my signature I think usually the best thing to do is download the user manual and follow the steps.

Failing that if you are connected on the same network you can try running the "arp -a" command in a command prompt. This will list all addresses your pc has registered in the network traffic. It might indicate if the device still has the ip you expect or show another address which may be assigned.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

12 minutes ago, keskparane said:

As per my signature I think usually the best thing to do is download the user manual and follow the steps.

Failing that if you are connected on the same network you can try running the "arp -a" command in a command prompt. This will list all addresses your pc has registered in the network traffic. It might indicate if the device still has the ip you expect or show another address which may be assigned.

I found the manual but it's not very useful loking at the FAQ, the only way to access listed is the previously mentioned 192.168.10.253
I tried what you said to no avail, none of the IPs got me into the repeater (and the repeater's should-be-IP did not show up to my knowledge despite both my laptop being wirelessly and my desktop being Ethernet connected)
I tried factory resetting it but the button didn't seem to work

Did you press the button or hold it in?

Sometimes they need to be held for about 10 seconds.

If that doesn't work try turning on the power while you're pressing the reset button.

At a quick glance I would expect you will have to connect to the "Wifi-Repeater" network after you have reset it and log in to "192.168.10.1" in a web browser.

From there use username & password "admin" to log in to configure it.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.