2080 Ti Preforming worse when cooler

I have a 2080 ti strix card on water. Started out haveing a small thermal issue were it was sitting in low 80 degrees and would only hit about 1935 mhz, and would not take any overclock at all. I've since fixed the thermal issue and it sitting in the mid 50 degrees now and it actually performs worse around 1905 mhz and still no overclock will work. I am using MSI afterburner and have power and thermal limits set to max. The block is installed correctly as far as I know. Any Ideas?

Have you double checked nvidia control panel for high performance? If you're using MSI Afterburner (or any overclocking software), make sure to turn up the power limit and thermal limit to the max as well.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

34 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Have you double checked nvidia control panel for high performance? If you're using MSI Afterburner (or any overclocking software), make sure to turn up the power limit and thermal limit to the max as 

Yep, power and thermal limits are maxed. 

When you say it hits 1935 and 1905.. is that just by the auto OC or is it by you OCing it?

1 minute ago, Squanchy said:

When you say it hits 1935 and 1905.. is that just by the auto OC or is it by you OCing it?

Auto oc, any overclock I apply crashes when I load into a game. Even small overclocks. 

1 minute ago, GMW said:

Auto oc, any overclock I apply crashes when I load into a game. Even small overclocks. 

But if thermals go down in temp, shouldn't the auto overclock boost higher?