x2 GPUs or just 1 for my specific needs?

ImServs

I game, record, and edit videos every day. My build is a i9-9940X, 32gb RAM, and an RTX 2070. My issue is my frames are rather low (below 60) in some games while gaming and recording. I play demanding titles and I know i need a GPU upgrade to get better frames. Should i buy like a RTX 2060 and dedicate it to encoding recordings and keep the RTX 2070 for everything else or should i trade up to a 2080Ti?

2080ti

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

rtx 2070 struggle to get above 60 fps? Are you playing with RTX on?

While encoding a recording with pretty high settings. Without the recording i stay above 60 no issue

Just now, servs said:

While encoding a recording with pretty high settings. Without the recording i stay above 60 no issue

oh

I would get RTX 2080TI

Everyone else has already said this, but an RTX 2080Ti would be much more efficient IMO.

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

You have a 14 core processor... you can allocate 2-3 cores to do software recording

Try recording using x264 (software encoding), see how it affects your gameplay ... note use exactly the settings as i wrote them in the post, otherwise it may not work and will use a lot of cpu :

A higher video card is probably NOT gonna help you as much as you think. You'd be better off handpicking some graphics quality settings in games that significantly affect the fps for minimum quality improvement and disable those or lower those settings 1-2 notches.

52 minutes ago, servs said:

I game, record, and edit videos every day. My build is a i9-9940X, 32gb RAM, and an RTX 2070. My issue is my frames are rather low (below 60) in some games while gaming and recording. I play demanding titles and I know i need a GPU upgrade to get better frames. Should i buy like a RTX 2060 and dedicate it to encoding recordings and keep the RTX 2070 for everything else or should i trade up to a 2080Ti?

what sort of games do you play, and what are you using to record? 

i use to play starwars battlefront 2 high-ultra settings (90-125fps) and record in the background (at 1080p 60fps) while watching youtube and discord open, with an i5 9600k and a 2070