OS install issues on a Ryzen 9 3900x + Asus ROG STRIX X570 + Corsair Force Series Gen.4 PCIe MP600

Hey folks!

So it was finally time to upgrade my old workstation so I built myself a new one. Specs are as follow:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x 
MB: Asus ROG STRIX x570-e Gaming
RAM: 4x16GB 3200MHz G.Skill
GPU: GTX 1070 (saving up for a 2080Ti)
SDD: Corsair Force Series Gen.4 PCIe MP600 
PSU: Chieftec Smart Series 700W (had this and the GPU in my old workstation)

The issue I'm facing is as follows:
I tried downloading the latest BIOS from ASUS, but it pointed to a 404 page not found error. As i'm writing this, I noticed it does not anymore, so I'll try and update the BIOS (again).
The BIOS download was still available, though, through the update BIOS over the internet feature, in BIOS, so I did download it.
Now, I tried installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 (obtained from the Microsoft website) and I kept running into an error. Same went with previous builds of Windows 10, so I thought I'd install Ubuntu, to benchmark Blender under Linux. I read it kicks major butt. Surprise, surprise, though. I'm still getting an install error and only was able to run Ubuntu live from the installation stick. 
Probably worth mentioning, I built probably close to a thousand PCs since 2000 while working as a system integrator for a few years, installed Windows and various flavours of Linux countless times, so it's not me doing something stupid.
Seeing that no installation worked as intended, I grabbed a SATA SSD from my old workstation, stuck it in and everything worked like a charm. Considering this, I cloned a disk image I made of a fresh Windows install from when I switched the M.2 SSD in my laptop and everything worked and still does. I only had to enter my new windows licence key, since the laptop was running an OEM license.
Has anybody else encountered this issue on a similar system? Personally, I'm blaming the PCIe Gen 4 M.2 SSD, but I have no solid basis to be pointing fingers.
Thanks in advance!

And while we're on the subject, any idea why my 6+2 PCIe labelled won't fit the 8 pin socket on my motherboard that's next to the 4 pin CPU ?

I bought some extender that doesn't fit (but it does fit the video card) and a 2x molex to 8 pin that doesn't fit either. 
I'm hesitant to start rendering in Blender more than a frame once in a blue moon as I get this message in POST saying that if I don't use the 8 pin connector, the motherboard could run hotter.

34 minutes ago, Bo_ said:

And while we're on the subject, any idea why my 6+2 PCIe labelled won't fit the 8 pin socket on my motherboard that's next to the 4 pin CPU ?

I bought some extender that doesn't fit (but it does fit the video card) and a 2x molex to 8 pin that doesn't fit either. 
I'm hesitant to start rendering in Blender more than a frame once in a blue moon as I get this message in POST saying that if I don't use the 8 pin connector, the motherboard could run hotter.

The CPU 8 pin has 4 power 4 grounds and the 8 pin GPU has 3x12v, 3x ground, and two sense ground, the pin layouts are different. Your PSU will need an 8 pin CPU specific connector. Search for 12v EPS Extension for your CPU, the PCI-E extensions will not work. 

Are you able to connect to and use the SSD in a different PC? 

Which M.2 slot do you have it plugged in to? Does it work in the other M.2 slot?

53 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

The CPU 8 pin has 4 power 4 grounds and the 8 pin GPU has 3x12v, 3x ground, and two sense ground, the pin layouts are different. Your PSU will need an 8 pin CPU specific connector. Search for 12v EPS Extension for your CPU, the PCI-E extensions will not work. 

Thank you! I will

27 minutes ago, Harry Voyager said:

Are you able to connect to and use the SSD in a different PC? 

Which M.2 slot do you have it plugged in to? Does it work in the other M.2 slot?

I can use the SSD in this PC as well, only with a cloned system image. The only thing not working properly is the OS installer.
I'm using the upper most m.2 nvme slot. as the ssd has a radiator on top that doesn't quite fit the motherboard  pre-fitted ssd radiator, I couldn't be bothered to take out the lower bit as well at the time of the install