What mount is it?

Lii

Hi

Basically I need a vesa mount, since vesa it's a standard I didn't thought that my monitor hasn't a vesa mount (or At least it had a converter in the box, my bad I didn't check)

So what's the name of this mount? https://imgur.com/wW2SnIb

it's from an msi g24c, I know that msi has some adapter, but are both too pricey for a piece of metal and not available anywhere 

ps: I'm from ue, would like to avoid to buy directly for Chinese store.. I cannot wait for 2 mouth 

Could you provide the brand name of the monitor and a picture of the whole monitor? it looks proprietary and I personally have not seen that mount before (at least not that I can recall)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Could you provide the brand name of the monitor and a picture of the whole monitor? it looks proprietary and I personally have not seen that mount before (at least not that I can recall)

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-G24C

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

6 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Yeah definitely a proprietary mount designed for the MSI stand... stupid and sad really that MSI would not include the VESHA mount holes.

Sorry my good fellow that this happened to you.

I did find this on amazon;

MSI Gaming Monitor Vesa Mount Adapter (AG242M5)

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Gaming-Monitor-Adapter-AG242M5/dp/B07NQGF371/ref=asc_df_B07NQGF371/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583726542885859&psc=1

I hopes this helps you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

28 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Yeah definitely a proprietary mount designed for the MSI stand... stupid and sad really that MSI would not include the VESHA mount holes.

Sorry my good fellow that this happened to you.

I did find this on amazon;

MSI Gaming Monitor Vesa Mount Adapter (AG242M5)

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Gaming-Monitor-Adapter-AG242M5/dp/B07NQGF371/ref=asc_df_B07NQGF371/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583726542885859&psc=1

I hopes this helps you.

I think I'm gonna print it, I don't wanna spend over 50 euro for a stupid piece of metal.. But plastic is still plastic.. 

However thanks

If you can get a spare VESA 100x100 plate from somewhere, making your own steel adapter should be simple enough if you'd like to give that a try.  All you have to do is drill a couple holes in the center of the plate to match the holes on the MSI monitor, then attach it to your mount using a few screws and nuts.

3 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

If you can get a spare VESA 100x100 plate from somewhere, making your own steel adapter should be simple enough if you'd like to give that a try.  All you have to do is drill a couple holes in the center of the plate to match the holes on the MSI monitor, then attach it to your mount using a few screws and nuts.

But that will not gonna stress too much the screws?

However thanks

16 hours ago, Xvaster said:

But that will not gonna stress too much the screws?

However thanks

It'll be fine.  If that was too much stress on the screws, then the original MSI base wouldn't have held the monitor up either.

5 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

It'll be fine.  If that was too much stress on the screws, then the original MSI base wouldn't have held the monitor up either.

yeah, but it seems also that part of the weight its also holded by those type of "slots"