Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kilobytez95

Can't update Windows 10 on Ryzen 3000

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I picked up a 3700X the other day and I just put my old SSD in and ran my previous install of Windows. I had some issues so I figured I'd reinstall the os. Basically I'm at the desktop and everything seems to be working except Windows keeps giving me an error code when I try and get updates so I downloaded the update assistant so I could more or less manually download the updates... Well it freezes my PC and I'm not sure how to update from here. Never had this issue before so if anyone can shed some light into what's going on here that would be great.

Also since I know somebody is going to ask, no my PC isn't overclocked.

3 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

So I picked up a 3700X the other day and I just put my old SSD in and ran my previous install of Windows. I had some issues so I figured I'd reinstall the os. Basically I'm at the desktop and everything seems to be working except Windows keeps giving me an error code when I try and get updates so I downloaded the update assistant so I could more or less manually download the updates... Well it freezes my PC and I'm not sure how to update from here. Never had this issue before so if anyone can shed some light into what's going on here that would be great.

Also since I know somebody is going to ask, no my PC isn't overclocked.

Is the motherboard bios up to date? If not I suggest updating it and trying again. 

When you reinstalled did you install using UEFI or Legacy?

Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC Ram - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

6 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Not being able to update windows sounds like a blessing

Make a fresh Windows 10 USB if you used an old one previously.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?