Double Checking

jcooper2187

So im removing my second internal hard drive and ive wiped it(it says it is sill using 3gb but i copied all the data to another hard drive)and before i remove it i just want to check should i do anything else before i remove it ot is it ok to be removed?

19 minutes ago, jcooper2187 said:

So im removing my second internal hard drive and ive wiped it(it says it is sill using 3gb but i copied all the data to another hard drive)and before i remove it i just want to check should i do anything else before i remove it ot is it ok to be removed?

you could go for one of those drive sanitizer apps, that fill your hdd with zero's and then wipe them if you wana be more than secure.

20 minutes ago, jcooper2187 said:

ok to be removed?

you using it for another system yes i very much think so.

i would delete the partitions on it and re-add them after i installed it into the other (eventual) pc

39 minutes ago, WillLTT said:

you could go for one of those drive sanitizer apps, that fill your hdd with zero's and then wipe them if you wana be more than secure.

you using it for another system yes i very much think so.

i would delete the partitions on it and re-add them after i installed it into the other (eventual) pc

im not using it again should i still follow these steps

7 hours ago, jcooper2187 said:

Whats is the end goal? Selling it? Use a secure wipe. Just tossing it in the bin? Hammer/gun/other destructive method. 

3 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Whats is the end goal? Selling it? Use a secure wipe. Just tossing it in the bin? Hammer/gun/other destructive method. 

Throwing away but i dont want to idk break the pc by removing it so can i just format it and remove?

21 hours ago, jcooper2187 said:

yes. but you dont need too. unless you have data you dont want anybody to recover

9 hours ago, jcooper2187 said:

Throwing away but i dont want to idk break the pc by removing it so can i just format it and remove?

you can just remove it and toss it. windows will handle the removal itself. ive done it multiple times.

5 hours ago, WillLTT said:

yes. but you dont need too. unless you have data you dont want anybody to recover

you can just remove it and toss it. windows will handle the removal itself. ive done it multiple times.

Taking a hard drive out willing not break them pc, I assume you have a different drive in already with the OS? Is this a secondary drive? 

On 11/20/2019 at 11:22 PM, Blue4130 said:

Taking a hard drive out willing not break them pc, I assume you have a different drive in already with the OS? Is this a secondary drive? 

yeah its a secondary